Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather seat cleaner and protection

I use Gliptone leather cleaner and feed

The Cleaner: cleans the leather and leaves the dirt on the cloth - it is also quick drying therefore does not block the perforated seats

The feed: softens the leather, makes it nicely soft and supple, reduces wrinkles and smells nice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d also suggest using two separate products rather than anything that claims to both clean and feed.

Personally I find the Autoglym leather cleaner perfectly serviceable. I then use - no more than annually - the Swissvax Leather Milk conditioner. I’ve used many products over the years but found nothing better on my leather seats than this stuff, but be prepared for the price!

My MINI - now sixteen years old and owned from new - has been treated with the Swissvax periodically and the seats still look like brand new.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I use Gliptone leather cleaner and feed

The Cleaner: cleans the leather and leaves the dirt on the cloth - it is also quick drying therefore does not block the perforated seats

The feed: softens the leather, makes it nicely soft and supple, reduces wrinkles and smells nice

This would of been a cracking present for both the misses and the car if it reduces wrinkles and smells nice

• Haha 2

I just use Gliptone leather conditioner sparingly but, regularly. It cleans and conditions, which is enough as my seats never get that dirty.

It leaves a lovely finish and smell of old English leather. If it’s (or was) the only leather care products endorsed by Rolls Royce and Bentley, it’ll do for my posh Toyota.

On 12/31/2020 at 9:55 AM, as13 said:

This would of been a cracking present for both the misses and the car if it reduces wrinkles and smells nice

Potentially the last present you’d ever buy though 😂

On 12/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, First_Lexus said:

... I then use - no more than annually - the Swissvax Leather Milk conditioner. I’ve used many products over the years but found nothing better on my leather seats than this stuff, but be prepared for the price! ...

Some years ago at a motor show I bought a bottle of a German brand of leather cleaner/conditioner called Munth Reinigungsmilch.   Like those

of other items displayed by what I suspected was a disgruntled former Swissvax employee, the formula was claimed to be identical to the

Swissvax product and temptingly offered at a third of the price.  I found it very good over several years of use and would happily have bought

it again, but the brand seems to have disappeared from the market.   Not having used the Swissvax original  I was never able to validate the

equivalence claim, but I don't doubt it is a very good product.    My experience of the brand is limited to the tyre dressing and the quick detailer,

both of them good but not vastly superior to some other far less expensive equivalents.  I am probably not alone in wondering how Swissvax

successfully pursues a policy whereby its prices make those of most other premium manufacturers look cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never used anything for my leather seats in cars so that is why they did not look like new when getting the next car.

Will search and see what I feel good about and then buy, as the seats in our CT still look new.