Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hopefully about to buy an IS-F

Hi All,

Was intending to buy a C55 AMG, but after a lot of online research decided that the IS-F would be a safer and more sensible (?) option.

Found the following car 20 miles down the road from me, and after a lot of banter with Jay (salesman and forum member) decided to go for it.

It has an excellent FLSH and pretty low milaege for age. It will be 10 years old on the 6th Jan, and is going in for a Lexus Inspection on the 5th, so I can take advantage of the Lexus 2 year warranty.

Anyone know the car? Thoughts and opinions please!

https://www.trustmotorcompany.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-is-f-5-0-4dr-acc-pcs-bournemouth-202010175108896

• Like 1

I’m sure that car has been discussed on here recently. I’ll see if I can find the thread, or maybe someone will beat me to it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rushingphil said:

Thoughts and opinions please!

Greattt colour, prefer the other wheels ISFs come with personally 🤷‍♂️ but you aren't gonna go wrong with a Lexus 🙂 you'll find plenty of info on here about the car 😄

• Like 1

17 hours ago, F.A. said:

I’m sure that car has been discussed on here recently. I’ll see if I can find the thread, or maybe someone will beat me to it!

If you (or someone else) can find the thread that would be great please. I've done a fair bit of searching and can't find one yet.

15 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Greattt colour, prefer the other wheels ISFs come with personally 🤷‍♂️ but you aren't gonna go wrong with a Lexus 🙂 you'll find plenty of info on here about the car 😄

Thanks - yes, I'm reading a lot! I actually prefer these wheels - but all personal choice of course 😀

38 minutes ago, Texas said:

Pretty sure those wheels are known as ‘ G Spider’ wheels.

Hi, thanks for replying. 

I have done a quick search on google and I don't think that they are the same. I only found 18" G Spider rims but I'm probably wrong!

36 minutes ago, Fair and square said:

I am a massive fan of the approved used Lexus warranty - from past experience I have found it better than other manufacturers out of the factory warranty.

Yes, I think they are amazing VFM 👍

3 hours ago, Rushingphil said:

If you (or someone else) can find the thread that would be great please. I've done a fair bit of searching and can't find one yet.

I’m really sorry but I can’t seem to find it at the moment but I’ll keep looking. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I’m really sorry but I can’t seem to find it at the moment but I’ll keep looking. 

By any chance was it the thread as below.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/126172-is-f-purchase-extended-warranty/?tab=comments#comment-1151485

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fair and square said:

Unfortunately not but thanks for trying. The thread mentioned the OPs blue car and I think a couple of people’s opinions on the dealer and car, but I can’t for the life of me find it.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dave McDave said:

I owned this car until July 2017, doesn’t seem to have done many miles in 3 years.

And gone up in value!

Hi Dave,

That's great, thanks for your reply 👍 Any issues I ought to be aware of please?

The low mileage over the last 2 years does worry me a bit - it's only done 1500' per year, which is never great for a car! Hence the inspection and warranty!

15 minutes ago, Rushingphil said:

Hi Dave,

That's great, thanks for your reply 👍 Any issues I ought to be aware of please?

The low mileage over the last 2 years does worry me a bit - it's only done 1500' per year, which is never great for a car! Hence the inspection and warranty!

No issues, always serviced by Lexus.  Only thing I had to replace other than discs and pads was the Battery.  All 4 wheels were refurbished at the same time so the paint matched as no one knows the actual paint code.  Changed the interior bulbs to LED’s, changed the front fog lights to LED, resprayed the callipers to ‘burnt copper’ and put Hawk ceramic pads on the front for less dust.  Only sold it to buy an RC F.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave McDave said:

No issues, always serviced by Lexus.  Only thing I had to replace other than discs and pads was the battery.  All 4 wheels were refurbished at the same time so the paint matched as no one knows the actual paint code.  Changed the interior bulbs to LED’s, changed the front fog lights to LED, resprayed the callipers to ‘burnt copper’ and put Hawk ceramic pads on the front for less dust.  Only sold it to buy an RC F.

That's excellent news - many thanks 👍 🙂

11 hours ago, Texas said:

🤞you can get your ISF into the dealers for assessment today!

And I did - or rather the dealer did it for me 👍

Only observation was that the wiper blades need replacing - and that is also going to get done by the dealer ☺️

Have purchased the 2 year warranty from Lexus and am picking up the car on Saturday 🤞

• Like 2

I am pretty sure this car was sold privately back at the end of Summer. I tried to buy it calling the seller at 9:30am on a Sunday morning but they had already taken a deposit by then. It was advertised for £16.5k so I can only imagine it was the dealer that bought it and cleaned it up for the forecourt.

From memory of the private sale pictures, the interior was a bit tired....but looks like it has been cleaned up / treated nicely.

Looks like a good buy if you can get the warranty approved 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BillNick said:

I am pretty sure this car was sold privately back at the end of Summer. I tried to buy it calling the seller at 9:30am on a Sunday morning but they had already taken a deposit by then. It was advertised for £16.5k so I can only imagine it was the dealer that bought it and cleaned it up for the forecourt.

From memory of the private sale pictures, the interior was a bit tired....but looks like it has been cleaned up / treated nicely.

Looks like a good buy if you can get the warranty approved 🙂

TBH that seems to fit into the timeframe quite well. The interior is now pretty much immaculate, so must have had a fair amount of time spent on it if it was tired before.

Warranty has been approved and paid for - just need to remember to pay for the car - and tax it 😩