Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hopefully about to buy an IS-F

I also saw this one on Autotrader and probably called about that time. Deposit was put on before vehicle was viewed from what I remember. Advertised with road angel speed camera detector fitted as well. 

If this was the same one I saw (advertised in Welwyn, Hertfordshire) literally 2 miles away from me, it was already sold by the time I enquired (was gutted!) From what I remember on the ad, it also had front and rear dashcams.....was hardly surprised it sold so quick, it was advertised at a really good price (around 15.5k if memory serves me correctly)

1 hour ago, mikey236 said:

If this was the same one I saw (advertised in Welwyn, Hertfordshire) literally 2 miles away from me, it was already sold by the time I enquired (was gutted!) From what I remember on the ad, it also had front and rear dashcams.....was hardly surprised it sold so quick, it was advertised at a really good price (around 15.5k if memory serves me correctly)

Yep that’s would be who I sold it to in 2017.  I sold it with Blackview 650s front & view camera’s. 

1 hour ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Congratulations 👏 👏

Thank you guys, for all your updates. Yes, it still has the front and rear dashcams fitted.

Clearly the dealer has made a profit here, but I don't have a problem with that. We all go to work to earn money!

I presently feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve - I just can't wait until tomorrow 😂👆

• Like 3

On 1/8/2021 at 11:18 PM, Rushingphil said:

Thank you guys, for all your updates. Yes, it still has the front and rear dashcams fitted.

Clearly the dealer has made a profit here, but I don't have a problem with that. We all go to work to earn money!

I presently feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve - I just can't wait until tomorrow 😂👆

You've still got a great deal so i wouldnt feel put out anyway. Hope you enjoyed collection and driving the car over the weekend 😁

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, Dave McDave said:

No issues, always serviced by Lexus.  Only thing I had to replace other than discs and pads was the battery.  All 4 wheels were refurbished at the same time so the paint matched as no one knows the actual paint code.  Changed the interior bulbs to LED’s, changed the front fog lights to LED, resprayed the callipers to ‘burnt copper’ and put Hawk ceramic pads on the front for less dust.  Only sold it to buy an RC F.

Hey Dave, where did you get the interior LED's from? Always wanted to do this as the yellow interior light makes it look very dated.

On 4/7/2014 at 12:55 PM, Peter P18 said:

Hey Guys,

I've made some enquiries through my very helpful friends in LA about a group buy of sorts on the LED interior lighting kits from Precision.

I'll post an update on here with prices etc when I hear more.

If we could get together a list of those who would like a kit, what colour bulbs you want (6K or 8K), and if you want the complete package to include the LED reverse lights (highly recommend these - much brighter than stock, more definition on the multimedia screen when you reverse in dark conditions).

I'll probably limit the first order to 5 units, unless we have enough interest to get 10.

I'm due over in LA/AZ towards the end of May.

Once I know the prices, will ask you guys to transfer the cash into my joint bank account. I'll then buy the dollars for the kits before I head out in May.

For those not familiar with the kits, this is a link to their website: http://www.precisionled.com/vehicle/lexus-led/is-f-led.html

If anyone wants to see the kit in action so to speak, you are more than welcome to have a look at mine (provided you don't mind travelling to Kent!). 🙂

Really can't recommend these enough. Pictures don't do them justice to be honest.

This is the YouTube install video they did which is pretty self explanatory. The sunglasses holder is the only discrepancy, and you just remove the cover to expose the two Phillips head screws shown on the video.

Again, happy to help with installation if you are worried about anything. The puddle lights in the side mirrors are by far the trickiest ones to change.

Any questions, post them here, or PM me.

Thanks.

Peter 🙂

2 hours ago, dman2004 said:

Hey Dave, where did you get the interior LED's from? Always wanted to do this as the yellow interior light makes it look very dated.

It was a group buy organised by an old member who used to make frequent trips to the US.  The link to the company is in the above post, I’m sure you can source them in the UK now.

8 hours ago, scott-o said:

You've still got a great deal so i wouldnt feel put out anyway. Hope you enjoyed collection and driving the car over the weekend 😁

Many thanks! All I can say is WOW! 

Due to the lockdown I only managed to drive the car on the Saturday afternoon. However, due to some essential chores I managed to put approx. 100' on it - mainly on 'A' roads with a bit of motorway work. 

The roads were wet with dissolved salt and very slippy, so I had to take it fairly easy. However, as the miles piled on I got more and more confident with it's grip and handling. So much so, that I was driving it at the end as if the roads were dry.

I knew it was a pretty quick car, but what impressed me the most was the steering / handling. It felt so sure-footed and went around corners like it was on rails! Just superb. 

The displayed fuel consumption was far better than I expected too - high 20's 🙂

Can't wait for the lockdown to lift and take it for a decent run 🙂

• Like 4

They really are a surprising car, the handling surprised me too when i first had a proper play on mainly dry roads, was sticking with a friends modified M2 quite easily. It seems to hide its weight quite well too, i was surprised how nimble it felt for a big old thing!

Glad it lived up to expectations, enjoy!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links