Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

21 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Gsf due for first mot  with Lex dealer they quoted just under £1100 for 2 years does this sound right?????

£1095 for 2 years warrantee. 

40 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

Warranty comes with two MOT tests included, so you may want to get the warranty first...

semi off topic : Is there any benefit to actually getting the MOT from dealer 

I have a local garage I've used for years for MOTs and the price is also a steal 🤷

11 hours ago, Arnett said:

I have a local garage I've used for years for MOTs and the price is also a steal 🤷

Mine goes to an independent also, used to be £35.00 but now £40.00. If the cost is included in the warranty package it goes to the dealer obviously.

Excellent value at £1095 for 2 years. For reasons nobody has been able to give me,the 2 year figure for the LC500 is somewhere around £2400.

My dealer said they could not understand it either.

AJ.

I regularly read the LC pages in here and get the impression they have more reliability issues than our F cars. If Lexus have priced their expected warranty obligations, then unreliability needs to be paid for.

It could also be that they expect people wealthy enough to have an LC will have no problem with  £1200 per year

Strange comment above about perceived wealth of any LC owner.

Of the 3 RCF on the Lexus used website,the cheapest is £53k for which you can get a main dealer used LC.

On the reliability issues.I am aware of sticking fuel flap and replacement fuel pump(which also affected many other Lexus models).

AJ.

1 hour ago, AJ500 said:

Strange comment above about perceived wealth of any LC owner.

Of the 3 RCF on the Lexus used website,the cheapest is £53k for which you can get a main dealer used LC.

On the reliability issues.I am aware of sticking fuel flap and replacement fuel pump(which also affected many other Lexus models).

AJ.

The fuel pump on our GSF was replaced under the extended warranty. 

I always thought that it was strange that the extended warranty for the ‘F’ models cost the same as their normal counterparts. Maybe it is because there are so few of them that the ‘risk’ is spread across their respective IS/ RC / GS range, where as the LS and LC are standalone models  🤷🏾‍♂️

@AJ500

Yes, I'm also a bit peeved that that the LC extended warranty is about £2.4K for 2 years. I am trying to decide if it is worth getting as I will have had mine for three years at the end of this month. I agree that there are very few issues with the LC so I don't really understand the high cost.

However, in 2008, I paid £2995 for a further 2 years on my DB9...

I paid £1590 for a two year extended warranty on our IS250 in 2012, before the 2-4-1 offer was introduced shortly afterwards 🤦🏽‍♂️

23 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Gsf due for first mot  with Lex dealer they quoted just under £1100 for 2 years does this sound right?????

Yes, although Lexus haven't confirm 2021 warranty pricing yet (but if it changes then it is only going up).

20 hours ago, Arnett said:

If you have an extended warranty then it is part of the price so doesn't make any sense not to go to a dealer, and if there is a fault covered by the warranty then they would fix it there and then or give you a courtesy car until the work is done.

If you don't have a warranty then no, no benefit.