Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BLO Air-S Hand held Car dryer from IODETAIL

* - I did this review on the 30th December 2020 - but accidentially placed it in the wrong forum. So I thought I'd place it again but this time in the correct one! :oops: 

Well as mentioned before here's a "review" on the above car dryer.

Firstly, as a few other members have mentioned before, IODETAIL service was very good! From the speed of ordering online to payment and then delivery, all processes were great and effortless. Got regular updates along the way and a lovely thank you email from Victoria at IODETAIL.

I was eager to get this out of the box so earlier this morning gave it a go! With the weather still not the best here in Birmingham, as it was going to be dry today but only about 2-3 degrees centigrade I opted for just a quick contactless wash and dry. Snow-foamed the car with some Autoglym Polar Blast and let dwell for around ten minutes than based away with the pressure washer. 

The dryer is well packaged, good construction, easy to setup and comes with 3 different shaped nozzles. Its not too heavy to use to be fair - I'd say only slightly heavier than a normal hairdryer (based on looking at the wife's one)!!! 🤣 It was very easy to use and was well impressed with how the water beaded off and flowed away. It has two power settings and I had it on the highest especially with the cold air weather right now. Warm air came out and I could see the water drying off in front of me. I've read online folk saying you can't do a whole car with a held held dryer. I would say you can! I can certainly do a CT with mine!!! Its not a quick way to dry your beloved motor thats true, but for a way that limits contact with the paint as much as possible it's a worthwhile addition to your home detailing gear. Mine has been ceramic coated with Gtechniq C1 and EXO and I'd say if you have some LSP on your paint thats hydrophobic it will help. £94.99 from IODETAIL seems a fair price too.

Looking forward to using them again when I start getting some Bilt Hamber auto form and auto wash shampoo sometime next year. Just need to finish off my current Halfords shampoo and the Polar Blast, before converting to the legendary Bilt Hamber!

Never done a product review before so hope this is useful to fellow Lexus owners! 🤞🏽👍🏽

Cheers!

Kish

Nice! I'd like to go down that route but couldn't cope with the interruptions from the curious neighbours.  Six times was stopped today while snow foam was drying on the car.  Why has car washing become a spectator sport, I guess there's not much else to do at the moment 🤣

• Like 1

I had the usual "you can wash and dry my car after if you like mate!" from my neighbour. I can't believe he lets it go at least 4-6mths before he washes his :shocking:! Whereas I always aim for a max of 4 weeks between washes. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a water filter and gave mine its first wash of the year and its really good.

Just wash the car as normal, then rinse with the water filter and leave it. No need to dry and no water marks.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, Sled Driver said:

washed and dried the car today. Heres some pics - sorry if not so clear :photo:

BLO AIR-S 1.jpg

BLO AIR-S 2.jpg

BLO AIR-S 3.jpg

BLO AIR-S 4.jpg

Think you have just convinced me to in vest in one, will be nice to get all the water out from the mirrors and lights etc 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 12:01 PM, Sled Driver said:

It's a useful tool to have in your arsenal Joel! :thumbsup:

Just got mine today as one of my bday presents and agree it’s well packaged and the weight is not bad either. Have not used it yet but plugged it in and turned it on and was really surprised how strong it was on setting one! Tried setting 2 and think that will be able the one to dry the car fully.

when I do use it I will provide an update.

cheers Kish for your review 

1 hour ago, joelfigueira said:

Just got mine today as one of my bday presents and agree it’s well packaged and the weight is not bad either. Have not used it yet but plugged it in and turned it on and was really surprised how strong it was on setting one! Tried setting 2 and think that will be able the one to dry the car fully.

when I do use it I will provide an update.

cheers Kish for your review 

No probs mate! 👍🏽 I used mine yesterday after washing the car. Three hours spent using all Bilt Hamber products - auto foam (pre wash), auto wash shampoo (contact wash), the BLO AIR-S to dry all over including alloys all door shuts and boot and bonnet all on the higher heat seating. Finally sprayed the alloys with Wonder Wheels sealant spray.

You'll enjoy using it I'm sure! 

5 minutes ago, Sled Driver said:

No probs mate! 👍🏽 I used mine yesterday after washing the car. Three hours spent using all Bilt Hamber products - auto foam (pre wash), auto wash shampoo (contact wash), the BLO AIR-S to dry all over including alloys all door shuts and boot and bonnet all on the higher heat seating. Finally sprayed the alloys with Wonder Wheels sealant spray.

You'll enjoy using it I'm sure! 

How long did it take you to dry the car? 

I'd say the drying phase was probably around 30mins. However, I'm a bit OCD by nature and like to get rid of every drop going over areas several times. I'm not the quickest. But I was also listening to Iron Maiden's latest new album Senjutsu so I was a bit "in the zone"! 😜 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:03 PM, jrumball said:

So a quick update, after 18months and a few iOS updates the box and kit is still working the apple CarPlay updates seem to of helped with the jog wheel control too. Honestly the only frustration is the lack of being able to have the DAB audio and apple CarPlay Audio mixed like you would with a factory installation. This is solved by using the equivalent radio app ie BBC Sounds etc. 

On 9/13/2021 at 8:56 PM, Sled Driver said:

I'd say the drying phase was probably around 30mins. However, I'm a bit OCD by nature and like to get rid of every drop going over areas several times. I'm not the quickest. But I was also listening to Iron Maiden's latest new album Senjutsu so I was a bit "in the zone"! 😜 

Right….. today was the day I used it as it was a no contact wash…… jet wash then snow foam and then jet wash as the car only had a thin layer of dust on.

My word it’s bloody good, anyone who has the metal scuff plate on the back bumper the amount of water that holds is crazy so it all got blasted out. 

Took  40 mins to dry the car but this was making sure all the shuts and gaps had a good blast to get the water out. 

12 minutes ago, Sled Driver said:

Excellent stuff Joel!

Glad you like the car dryer too!

Depending on the weather if it's too warm I'll use my drying towel - KKD Silverback. Otherwise it's the BLO Air-S.

Which attachment did you use? I used the widest one so I think next time I will try the narrow one to see if that helps dry it quicker.

think it’s BLO Air-S all the way now and ditch then auto finesse aqua deluxe towel 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links