Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carista, tyre pressures etc

Bought and plugged in one of these today and had a little play.  My android phone seemed to pick it up straight away but additional apps like Hybrid Assistant and Tire Assistant couldn't find the Carista without a bit of fiddling but all good now.  One thing I noticed is that Carista gives all details to the TPMS so the Tire Assistant isn't really needed,  see pics.  Finally, has anyone opted for the Beta version? Any advantages?

Screenshot_20210103-123724_Carista.jpg

Screenshot_20210103-130935.jpg

20210103_135807.jpg

when you 1st use the beta version, carista will take a snap shot of the cars system

so if there is an issue with any of the new features they can restore your original settings

the beta version may or may not have new features for our lexus cars it could be for 

1 of the german brands so thereforre of no benefit to you

so before you decide wether to be a beta tester see what new features there are for your car.

1 hour ago, Alan64 said:

Is there a charge on the app, and also how much for the hardware

there is a charge for the app here is a link

https://caristaapp.com/pricing

i'm lucky when the app 1st came out i bought a pro membership for less than £10

and i dont have to pay any other annual fees just my 1 off payment.

for the hardware you can buy an ELM327 adapter v1.4 but i would ask the seller

to confirm it will work with the carista app, some of the adpaters dont use all the

protocols that carista needs to use.

8 hours ago, Alan64 said:

Is there a charge on the app, and also how much for the hardware

1st month is free access to all features even the pro ones.  After that there is still a good level of free functionality and options for subscribing to the advanced stuff if needed. The Carista hardware is £24.99 from amazon but I guess cheaper elsewhere

28 minutes ago, 200h said:

Hi James

did you break in or did you use the key hole in the boot lid to get to the battery

I used the boot lid key hole - worked a treat :-)

9 hours ago, Mincey said:

I'd advise against leaving it plugged in. I did and I had to learn how to break into and restart a flat IS300h....

Was your Battery in good condition prior to plugging in your Carista?  When everything is switched off it only draws .00654 mA (6.54 microAmps)

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/TxH2MSLDIMMUMX/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

1 minute ago, Brechin Slate said:

Was your battery in good condition prior to plugging in your Carista?  When everything is switched off it only draws .00654 mA (6.54 microAmps)

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/TxH2MSLDIMMUMX/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

It's a 2019 car and has only just covered 9,500 miles. During the time I'd got the Carista plugged in I was hardly driving it at all. It might have been a coincidence but earlier in the lockdown I'd not driven the car for several weeks and it started without any issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

It's a 2019 car and has only just covered 9,500 miles. During the time I'd got the Carista plugged in I was hardly driving it at all. It might have been a coincidence but earlier in the lockdown I'd not driven the car for several weeks and it started without any issues.

👍

On 1/4/2021 at 6:32 AM, Mincey said:

I'd advise against leaving it plugged in. I did and I had to learn how to break into and restart a flat IS300h....

I'd second that.

I checked my car after around six days of being unused and was surprised to find the 12v Battery was down to 11.47 volts. The car still started ok and I ran it for an hour to charge up the Battery.

I then realised I had left the Carista adapter plugged in for the week. I think that must be the reason for the Battery drain. Usually the Battery reads around 12 volts after a week without use. I must try to remember to unplug the Carista adapter when leaving the car unused for a while!

• Like 1

i have just found this extension obd2 cable

you can mount it in the car where you need it

so you wont forget about removing your obd2 dongle,

i am going to buy one as i keep knocking my adapter

when i'm using it with my foot

you also wont have any wear on the contacts of the car

obd port if you have one of these fitted

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Pcs-Obd-2-Thin-16Pin-Noodle-Male-To-Female-Elbow-Elm327-Extension-Cable-PM/224247371844

2 hours ago, 200h said:

i am going to buy one as i keep knocking my adapter

when i'm using it with my foot

How do you knock it with your foot?  The Carista is tiny and tucked up out of the way, I guess you have a bigger dongle than me? 😳