Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Hybrid Warning

Hopefully, I had thought about the cooling fan. I've no dog so it aint that. I assume its a back seat out job as the batteries are under there, any pointers on access and location would be great.

TVM

1 hour ago, Cumfigali said:

I assume its a back seat out job as the batteries are under there

Complete guess as I've never looked, is there not a filter behind the intakes at the foot of the seats?

There 2 parts of the intake grills that flip down to reveal  2 Torx bolts with a T30 head. Unscrewed them and there is a coarse mesh/gauze behind but nothing else. Bit of fluff that blew off but nothing much on the one I quickly looked at. Found a video on clublexus.com showing Taiwanese garage taking the whole hydrid Battery unit out and back in from start to finish. They dont touch the 3 fans which are located at the rear, and there doesnt appear to be anything other than the mesh/gauze on the intake grill, which looks similar in type to the filter bags arrangment on other models which are by the looks of it removable and cleanable.

• Like 1

Hi All.

Sorry didnt write before. So here is the situation. Techstream software and Cable ordered online for £20. Took many attempts but finally got it to work. Anyone needs help in installation of the software then let me know.

Now the sad part, the error code is P0AA6 "Hybrid Battery Isolation Failure". I have checked this forum and there is videos on youtube and seems its been caused by water ingress. Now I admit that front passenger side beam where the air bag is has wet mark and suspect that a leak from there has caused the floor wet so much so that its wet all the way on back side floor too. 

I hope drying it up and then trying again would sort it, but to dry it would be a mission in itself (any ideas welcome). Hopefully the water hasnt made its way to hybrid Battery because that would mean removal of back seats to access. If that's needed to be done then ill be sending it to a garage as im really bad with electricals.

POAA6 526 is triggered. Resistance failure location code comes next. In my case it was 612 which is the Battery case itself. These INF or sub codes can be seen in Techstream after the DTC is determined and you press LIST.

And sure enough I find water and leaks. The Rx400h has a major defect in its rear lid hinge seams and rear light cluster seals. I am now drying out the car and have the nose pointed steeply downhill  to drain water down.

This way I got rid of the POAA6 error and was able to get READY to start the car. This allows me to run the engine with heater full on to help dry car out and remove water short. 

I have put a fan heater in aimed at the Battery area and cleared the rear trays out to expose the metal base looking for water intrusions. And I have found them. I taped up the seams and will mastic the light seals (Tiger Seal).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, Greisingel said:

POAA6 526 is triggered. Resistance failure location code comes next. In my case it was 612 which is the battery case itself. These INF or sub codes can be seen in Techstream after the DTC is determined and you press LIST.

And sure enough I find water and leaks. The Rx400h has a major defect in its rear lid hinge seams and rear light cluster seals. I am now drying out the car and have the nose pointed steeply downhill  to drain water down.

This way I got rid of the POAA6 error and was able to get READY to start the car. This allows me to run the engine with heater full on to help dry car out and remove water short. 

I have put a fan heater in aimed at the battery area and cleared the rear trays out to expose the metal base looking for water intrusions. And I have found them. I taped up the seams and will mastic the light seals (Tiger Seal).

100% same issue ive got. Its the PA006 526/612. But i have removed the back seats and have 2 x fans + 1 x dehumidifier on. Going to keep it for 2-3 days. Wana be absolutely sure. Have removed the Hybrid Batter or its cover (dont really want to). 

Hopefully fans will do the job.

4 hours ago, Omer said:

100% same issue ive got. Its the PA006 526/612. But i have removed the back seats and have 2 x fans + 1 x dehumidifier on. Going to keep it for 2-3 days. Wana be absolutely sure. Have removed the Hybrid Batter or its cover (dont really want to). 

Hopefully fans will do the job.

You should be ok. If you work on the HV Battery take care. It can deliver a lethal kick. There’s an orange isolator at one end.

But I didn’t need to do any of that. Dried the hell out of it.

Leaks ingress around rear hatch seams, lighting cluster, sub bumper vent, bumper plastic dowels below lights, leaking door cards (usually resulting in we well carpets).

Techstream can clear the other dtcs.

Once the Hybrid warning has cleared you’ll be able to ready the car. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 1:39 PM, Greisingel said:

You should be ok. If you work on the HV battery take care. It can deliver a lethal kick. There’s an orange isolator at one end.

But I didn’t need to do any of that. Dried the hell out of it.

Leaks ingress around rear hatch seams, lighting cluster, sub bumper vent, bumper plastic dowels below lights, leaking door cards (usually resulting in we well carpets).

Techstream can clear the other dtcs.

Once the Hybrid warning has cleared you’ll be able to ready the car. 

Unfortunately the warning is still there. Next thing it seems is to remove the Battery and see any water underneath as fan drying probably didnt reach those areas. Would be seeking a local electrician to help out. I have seen the step by step process to remove the Battery but would prefer someone with electrical experience to do it.

2 hours ago, Omer said:

Unfortunately the warning is still there. Next thing it seems is to remove the battery and see any water underneath as fan drying probably didnt reach those areas. Would be seeking a local electrician to help out. I have seen the step by step process to remove the battery but would prefer someone with electrical experience to do it.

Yes there may be more pooling than can reasonably be evaporated.

I pointed my car nose down a steep hill. That seemed to shift moisture out of HV case. Technical no? Lol. But it allowed me to prove the HV could work. This can be proved also by disconnecting aux Battery, waiting, reconnecting and starting  

The drying process takes a long time. It’s when you need a Californian summer. The RX400H is more robust than one imagines or these forums might imply.

Removing the HV is a job. It’s very heavy as are the seats as you’ve discovered no doubt.

Just try the nose down after an aux Battery hybrid warning clear. You should be able to start the car after neg lead disconnect on aux. Then move the car nose down a San Francisco street.

If you do move the HV there are drainage grommets that’ll be bunged up. That’s the pooling problem

3 hours ago, Greisingel said:

Yes there may be more pooling than can reasonably be evaporated.

I pointed my car nose down a steep hill. That seemed to shift moisture out of HV case. Technical no? Lol. But it allowed me to prove the HV could work. This can be proved also by disconnecting aux battery, waiting, reconnecting and starting  

The drying process takes a long time. It’s when you need a Californian summer. The RX400H is more robust than one imagines or these forums might imply.

Removing the HV is a job. It’s very heavy as are the seats as you’ve discovered no doubt.

Just try the nose down after an aux battery hybrid warning clear. You should be able to start the car after neg lead disconnect on aux. Then move the car nose down a San Francisco street.

If you do move the HV there are drainage grommets that’ll be bunged up. That’s the pooling problem

Right so if ill get 2 x car jacks and lift it as high as possible that might be wort a try before going for Battery removal ?

1 hour ago, Omer said:

Right so if ill get 2 x car jacks and lift it as high as possible that might be wort a try before going for battery removal ?

Hadn’t thought of that. So you can’t get it started after neg lead reset?

i only went the gravitational route cos I couldn’t face all the HV removal work. I’ve gotten real lazy in lockdown. 

10 hours ago, Greisingel said:

Hadn’t thought of that. So you can’t get it started after neg lead reset?

i only went the gravitational route cos I couldn’t face all the HV removal work. I’ve gotten real lazy in lockdown. 

I can get it started once i remove 12v Battery lead and connect again but I dont have anywhere to make a sharp downward nose angle to park :(, thus thinking to jack up, but also thinking to spend on getting those 1000v rated gloves and insulated sockets and just remove the hybrid Battery and clean it properly. 

7 hours ago, Omer said:

I can get it started once i remove 12v battery lead and connect again but I dont have anywhere to make a sharp downward nose angle to park :(, thus thinking to jack up, but also thinking to spend on getting those 1000v rated gloves and insulated sockets and just remove the hybrid battery and clean it properly. 

You’re more motivated than me. Wellies and 1KV gloves good idea.

You’ll need a helper.

Make sure you mastic the rear hatch seams 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 8:38 AM, Greisingel said:

You’re more motivated than me. Wellies and 1KV gloves good idea.

You’ll need a helper.

Make sure you mastic the rear hatch seams 

Right so it turns out that after giving another round of fan drying (this time a more powerful fan) the issue is gone for now (finger crossed). Gonna keep the fans on for 2 more days to be perfectly sure. Next up it to find the darn leak, think it is the rear hatch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omer said:

Right so it turns out that after giving another round of fan drying (this time a more powerful fan) the issue is gone for now (finger crossed). Gonna keep the fans on for 2 more days to be perfectly sure. Next up it to find the darn leak, think it is the rear hatch.

Nice work. Cos I am so lazy I always try to solve problems without a spanner. Now dry the hell out it. When (if) summer puts in a burner, you'll have your chance to really vaporise.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I finally found the code for the Check Hybrid, after getting hold of an older XP Laptop and loading Techstream.

The fault on the hybrid is P2603 Oil Pump Control Circuit High. Are a current and historical fault.

Just to give a little background on this, fault only comes up after approx 40 mins plus continuous driving. I changed the 12v Battery but due to lockdown and travel restrictions could never drive out long enough to trigger it. That and hoping the new Battery had cured it.

Any pointers on where to look? Have literally just found the code.

37 minutes ago, Cumfigali said:

Ok I finally found the code for the Check Hybrid, after getting hold of an older XP Laptop and loading Techstream.

The fault on the hybrid is P2603 Oil Pump Control Circuit High. Are a current and historical fault.

Just to give a little background on this, fault only comes up after approx 40 mins plus continuous driving. I changed the 12v battery but due to lockdown and travel restrictions could never drive out long enough to trigger it. That and hoping the new battery had cured it.

Any pointers on where to look? Have literally just found the code.

Just sent you some info by PM that may help you Barrie.

As your starter for 10, is the INF code 768 like below?

972994983_2021-04-12(3).thumb.png.6e572eb1408461562dc54c656f0d021d.png

• 5 weeks later...

So I finally got the bottom of this a few weeks ago but only managed to get out on a proper run to fully check that it was fixed to my satisfaction at the weekend.

I had P2603 warning from Techstream, and was given access to repair instruction manual by a very helpful poster. Ran through all the checks listed, but it required the pump changing as all others were fine. Pump number is part no 35300-48011. Toyota wanted nearly £700 plus the VAT. There were a few second hand options but didnt really fancy that. Ordered one from YAM6 in southampton, very easy to deal with and great proactive service.

The manual says you remove the whole bumper, you can however get just enough access with the wheel arch cover off and the lower covers with the wheel off. The pump itself is pretty straight forward to change.

Drove to Scotland to visit my Mother (a week before were meant to) so had 3 hours there and back on seperate days and all fine.

Many thanks to all who helped!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I've got an RX450h that had the "check hybrid system" warning come on, after accelerating for a few minutes. The light stayed on and I've been quoted £950 to have the hybrid pump replaced by Toyota. Any advise on where I can get it cheaper? Inline in Scotland btw.

30 minutes ago, Neddyza said:

Hi all. I've got an RX450h that had the "check hybrid system" warning come on, after accelerating for a few minutes. The light stayed on and I've been quoted £950 to have the hybrid pump replaced by Toyota. Any advise on where I can get it cheaper? Inline in Scotland btw.

If its been traced to the same issue as mine, local garage changed the pump for £90 all in. Couple of hours or so labour really. I got the pump from YAM6 cheaper then Toyota. As I said its not a bumper off job, wheel and wheel arch cover and the lower covers off give the access required.

Has it definitly been traced to the hybrid cooling pump? Miine never used to come on till over 40 minutes of driving, no matter what I was doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links