Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spotted - 1996 Celsior £9,995

21 minutes ago, Howplum said:

What a beauty!  The same wool mark label as mine. As practical as leather is, the wool upholstery is just like being at home on a soft armchair.  Maybe a tad expensive? 

Edward Hall doesn't sell cheap cars, but they have a good reputation. Perhaps, as the saying goes, the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.

• Like 2

Prices of the earlier Celsiors have rocketed recently and you are now looking over £12K to bring one in similar condition into the UK taking into account the purchase price, shipping/insurance and the import duties.

You then have registration, radio and speedo conversion and rear fog light retrofitting.

This one is also the C-F packaged version with all the toys.

Blemish free MOT.

I paid £3750.00 for mine back in 2006 with similar mileage so all in all not a bad price “on the road” considering the above.

• Like 1

BUT would an owner wish to preserve the car in " aspic " or to use it to get full benefit from driving such a wonderful car

air suspension too ?

Would be lost on me owning such a car, I'd want to use it without worrying too much about parking dings and dents etc

It also retains that silly front spoiler under the front bumper that I had surgically removed coz mine kept knocking against kerbs etc .....  it's a tad too low for normal human use to my mind :wink3:

BUT she does look a very fine car to be sure !

Malc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I agree, that looks like a fine example, and for a change someone's selling an LS without scabby wheels!

Next to mine in condition but mine as done only 46k miles if that price is realistic I am making more than I paid for mine 8 years ago.

Mine was a demonstrator for its first year then one owner for 13 years before I bought it so very alike histories.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Next to mine in condition but mine as done only 46k miles if that price is realistic I am making more than I paid for mine 8 years ago.

Mine was a demonstrator for its first year then one owner for 13 years before I bought it so very alike histories.

It's certainly nice to have a car that has gone up in value, mine have always gone the other way!  

• Like 1

Looking at the 1998 which has had “ no expense spared by its elderly owner” but has in the past failed MOTs on “Cord showing on tyre” and running advisories for lower front ball joints it does make you wonder.

Just reinsured mine and again increased the “agreed value” to £6000.00 based on a similar replacement would now cost £10,000 plus to import from Japan plus I have no deduction salvage should the worst ever happen.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity I have just started keeping track of LS 400s and Celsiors for sale, and the first thing I have noticed is that there seems to be a tipping point between 80,000 and 100,000, under which the asking price is over £5,000. Admittedly there are only 10 cars on the list, so I shall persevere. Hopefully this means that the better cars will be more appreciated for what they represent. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Looking at the 1998 which has had “ no expense spared by its elderly owner” but has in the past failed MOTs on “Cord showing on tyre” and running advisories for lower front ball joints it does make you wonder.

Just reinsured mine and again increased the “agreed value” to £6000.00 based on a similar replacement would now cost £10,000 plus to import from Japan plus I have no deduction salvage should the worst ever happen.

I would be interested to know what that valuation cost you in extra premium.

7 hours ago, ambermarine said:

I would be interested to know what that valuation cost you in extra premium.

The salvage rights with nil deduction and agreed value increase from £3000.00 last year cost me another £20.00.

15 hours ago, steve2006 said:

The salvage rights with nil deduction and agreed value increase from £3000.00 last year cost me another £20.00.

Thanks for that will look into getting mine insured for agreed values next year, does it have to be with a classic car insurer?

9 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Thanks for that will look into getting mine insured for agreed values next year, does it have to be with a classic car insurer?

Not sure on that Phil, mine is classic.