Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are there any other LS430 owning Londoners on the forum?

Since the ULEZ charge zone is expanding in October to the whole of London I had been on the look out for a replacement car for my 1998 5 series. I noticed that LS430's were all coming up as ULEZ compliant on the reg checker on the London transport website. I thought this was a bit strange for a 2001 4.3l V8, but rubbed my hands together and went out and bought one. 

Now after looking more into what makes a car ULEZ compliant, I noticed that it has to be Euro 4 or above, which is 2006 onwards!

So I'm completely confused why petrol guzzling LS430's don't require you to pay the daily fee. I'm thinking it could be an anomaly or bug, and one day they'll correct it.. which will be an absolute ball ache for me now I've gone and bought the car and ordered 4 new continentals for it!  

Any ideas anyone?

The petrol guzzling is not the criteria for the compliance it is the pollution that the boffins think a 4litre engine produces .The irony is that this engine meets the strictest parameters in the world as depicted by California back in the 1990s.and is less polluting than some engines half its size.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

The petrol guzzling is not the criteria for the compliance it is the pollution that the boffins think a 4litre engine produces .The irony is that this engine meets the strictest parameters in the world as depicted by California back in the 1990s.and is less polluting than some engines half its size.

I didn't realise they went in to so much detail on every car. I thought cars were just classified as Euro 3, Euro 4 etc. and didn't think Euro 4 was even conceived until 2005. Well that's a weight of my mind! Mines LPG converted as well, so I can even get in to the congestion charge free of charge!

I have just entered my Reg and it states the vehicle does not comply with ULEZ and will invoke a £12.50 per day charge but wait I have some great news it is Lez compliant so misses that charge .But guess what I have not been able to get out of the house because of covid so thats is tne only good thing about this awful virus you don't get charged for owning a bit of comforting luxury.

2 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

I have just entered my Reg and it states the vehicle does not comply with ULEZ and will invoke a £12.50 per day charge but wait I have some great news it is Lez compliant so misses that charge .But guess what I have not been able to get out of the house because of covid so thats is tne only good thing about this awful virus you don't get charged for owning a bit of comforting luxury.

You're better off staying in Lancashire.. we can't move around here for charges and regulation. 

All years of the 430 and 600 are ULEZ compliant as they are all Euro4 or better.
The 400 is not ULEZ compliant.

Strangely a couple of the early years of the 460 are I believe NOT compliant but the rest are.
I could be wrong on this last bit.

19 minutes ago, Micholas said:

You're better off staying in Lancashire.. we can't move around here for charges and regulation. 

Unfortunately my Celsior, although an LS430, isn't compliant, that doesn't make much sense, especially as my road tax is less than a UK 430. Try to work that one out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links