Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Badge

jac114

i've seen this mentioned before - if i recall, you gently warm the badge to make the adhesive 'softer' then you rotate the badge to break the grip of the glue. in the process you break off the pins that locate it properly.

then you stick it back on again, perhaps even improvise some new pins. or just buy a new one for £30 or so!

I removed the gold badges on my 97 sport and it does have pins on the lexus the gs 300 and the emblem... I just used a heat gun with no floss or fishing line... How ever it seems like it would have been slightly easier to use the fishing line to start it... There are little plastic things inside the holes to grip the pins on the badges... I removed these two and then got the holes filled and resprayed... Looks a lot better but this is coming from someone that does not like badges...

I am working on removing the GS 300 in the boot refector part... Will keep you posted as everyone says its impossible...

With Thanks

There are no pins on the MK I, All I did was to heat the bagde up and then gently pull the badge off, using Steve's idea, but I used fuse wire - thin wire and the badge came off without asny marks being left.

BR

Paul

There are pins on my mk1,i had the boot badge <gold>stolen a while back.The low life who stole it used a sharp tool ,scrached the car whilst removing,must of broke the badge getting it off,2 pins broken off and left in the plastic lugs.

The best and eaisiest way to take the badge of is to boil kettle and pour the hot water over badge and slowly with your nails pull badge away from car.Do it slowly and all the sticky foam behind it should come of with it.If not use tar and glue remover to take the sticky foam off and then polish where badge was to bring fresh paint up. :D :D :D

never liked the idea of pouring a kettle of boiling water over the floor of me workshop tended to give me a wet bum next time i laid under a car :P ,would never use a heat gun bit to powerfull always found the hairdryer did the trick.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links