Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater Fault

I have just had my Lexus NX serviced on the 10th December including pollen filter change and air con check. All seemed ok when i collected the car, no costly problems etc until a few weeks later when the cold weather started i went to the car, started it up and went straight for the heated seat control button but it would not turn on, neither did the heater!

I have since found that the heater controls do not start up for approximately 40 seconds when you start the car, after that things begin to work. Has anyone else had this problem?

This may be due to the level of charge in the 12V system Battery. The car blocks some non-essential current using features until the Battery is a bit higher in voltage. I note the age of your NX and the colder weather. It is possible a replacement 12V Battery may be needed. Do you use the car much?

Our 2019 NX will allow all functions to be switched on almost immediately upon the "ready" signal.

On my RC

Heated seats come immediately.

The cabin heater control is on immediately but the fans will not spin up until there is heat in the cooling system, usually a couple minutes, when left on Auto. I can force them on by selecting the front screen demist function but obviously just blows cold.

Rear screen and mirror demister/heaters come on immediately and very effective they are too! The rear screen is de-iced by the time I've scrapped the front clear..

Hi All

Thank you for your comments but have since taken the car to Lexus who have had the car for two days now. They have found that one of the heater motors/ servo's are faulty but on fixing this another fault has come up so still waiting. So far costing me at least £500 to remove the dash

I am annoyed that my car is a 2016 plate, serviced regularly (last one 10th Dec) only done 21000 miles and the 3 year finance deal will end on the 10th of this month with the final payment being paid off.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fynn said:

Hi All

Thank you for your comments but have since taken the car to Lexus who have had the car for two days now. They have found that one of the heater motors/ servo's are faulty but on fixing this another fault has come up so still waiting. So far costing me at least £500 to remove the dash

I am annoyed that my car is a 2016 plate, serviced regularly (last one 10th Dec) only done 21000 miles and the 3 year finance deal will end on the 10th of this month with the final payment being paid off.

Ask Lexus for a Goodwill gesture.

3 hours ago, Fynn said:

Hi All

Not good this. Hope you get some form of goodwill gesture from Lexus. Good luck!