Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Never seen or heard of these before today

steve2006

Earlier today I was working in Derbyshire and on arrival at the customer’s premises noticed that there was a car which he had moved out of the garage to allow me access in there.

Curious because it had a complete cover fitted all I could see was it had MG wheel caps.

After a brief chat he told me if was a 1994 MGR fitted with a 3.8 litre V8, with less than 2000 made most of which were exported to Japan.

Once I had completed the work he kindly removed the cover before starting it up and reversing it back into the garage.

Just had a look and prices vary between £18,000 and £50,000!

Never seen one in my life but very nice.

Generic picture from google.

36CF4B83-7154-4E6B-AF6E-15889318CC32.jpeg

• Like 1

Steve your article probably gave away your age, these were common in the late 80s to around 1992. Although this example is obviously being kept as a future classic 

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Earlier today I was working in Derbyshire and on arrival at the customer’s premises noticed that there was a car which he had moved out of the garage to allow me access in there.

Curious because it had a complete cover fitted all I could see was it had MG wheel caps.

After a brief chat he told me if was a 1994 MGR fitted with a 3.8 litre V8, with less than 2000 made most of which were exported to Japan.

Once I had completed the work he kindly removed the cover before starting it up and reversing it back into the garage.

Just had a look and prices vary between £18,000 and £50,000!

Never seen one in my life but very nice.

Generic picture from google.

36CF4B83-7154-4E6B-AF6E-15889318CC32.jpeg

Those wire wheels really do the business.

2 hours ago, Fatts said:

Steve your article probably gave away your age, these were common in the late 80s to around 1992.

I wouldn't call "less than 2000 made" as being common.

That MG looks nice even by todays shape can and relatively few large engined ones can fetch  well over the price of a standard one.  I always regret not having had the Sunbeam Alpine 'Tiger', a Ford v 8 powered version.  Look at the sort of prices now being asked for decent ones of this model too https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/Sunbeam/Tiger/