Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

can any let me know if a space saver rim & tyre set(17inch) from a 2013 model IS300H it onto the same hub as a 2008 IS250?

they both seem to use the same tyre size but im not sure about the PCD?

thanks

I was always under impression that IS300h had no space-savers (I am like 99.9% sure). That said MK3 IS space-savers exists from mk3 IS250 and 200t, the only thing is that they are extremely rare. 

What I assume is the case, somebody has mk2 IS250/220d space-saver and has listed it as mk3 space-saver to get attention of mk3 300h owners who are likely looking for space-savers as car does not come with one!

BUT... all above are moot points and just fun facts. Yes wheels holes, PCD, offsets etc are identical between mk3 and mk2 and thus space-savers will be identical and will fit.

12 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I was always under impression that IS300h had no space-savers (I am like 99.9% sure). That said MK3 IS space-savers exists from mk3 IS250 and 200t, the only thing is that they are extremely rare. 

What I assume is the case, somebody has mk2 IS250/220d space-saver and has listed it as mk3 space-saver to get attention of mk3 300h owners who are likely looking for space-savers as car does not come with one!

BUT... all above are moot points and just fun facts. Yes wheels holes, PCD, offsets etc are identical between mk3 and mk2 and thus space-savers will be identical and will fit.

I guess carrying the obligatory low weight inflation kit instead of a full size/space saver wheel in the mk3 is a way of helping Lexus improving the mpg.  I'd rather carry a full size spare but would then have nowhere to put that hybrid Battery..🙂

Same here... My experience with glue and inflation kit is very bad... well to be honest I have only been in such situation twice and to surprised of nobody each time I had to call for car to be recovered. What happens usually, if you get a puncture you most likely going to notice it when it is too late - that is the case on both occasions.

Once it was screw in the tyre and I noticed weird noise and mushy steering input - when I stopped tyre was completely flat and detached from the rim (not completely off, but no longer sealed). Second time I hit deep pothole hidden by the puddle and pretty much the same thing happened - tyre unsealed itself and upon further inspection the inside of the rim was cracked and inside of the tyre had like 2 inch long rip in it. In both occasion inflation kit was completely useless (I didn't even try to use it), but in both occasions spare tyre would have saved the day.

On contrary, I have used spare tyre at least dozen times and it helped me to get where I was going and in several occasions even saved the tyre from being trashed. Once you use glue you should not drive on that tyre for long or reuse it, the inflation kit is meant only for reaching service centre and replacing the tyre.

So my conclusion - always have spare tyre. And if there is no place due to hybrid Battery I would rather sacrifice my boot space and jut put it there.

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Same here... My experience with glue and inflation kit is very bad... well to be honest I have only been in such situation twice and to surprised of nobody each time I had to call for car to be recovered. What happens usually, if you get a puncture you most likely going to notice it when it is too late - that is the case on both occasions.

Once it was screw in the tyre and I noticed weird noise and mushy steering input - when I stopped tyre was completely flat and detached from the rim (not completely off, but no longer sealed). Second time I hit deep pothole hidden by the puddle and pretty much the same thing happened - tyre unsealed itself and upon further inspection the inside of the rim was cracked and inside of the tyre had like 2 inch long rip in it. In both occasion inflation kit was completely useless (I didn't even try to use it), but in both occasions spare tyre would have saved the day.

On contrary, I have used spare tyre at least dozen times and it helped me to get where I was going and in several occasions even saved the tyre from being trashed. Once you use glue you should not drive on that tyre for long or reuse it, the inflation kit is meant only for reaching service centre and replacing the tyre.

So my conclusion - always have spare tyre. And if there is no place due to hybrid battery I would rather sacrifice my boot space and jut put it there.

I'm of the same opinion, always have a spare. I've never used an inflation kit but more negatives than positives with the stories I've heard

when i bought my IS250 a look in the boot revealed a inflation kit & no spare, fair enough i thought but when i examined the service history closely esp. the service checklists, they indicated the presence of a spare!

its not unknown for a spare to disappear from any dealer environment 

spoke to my local main dealer contact today & she confirmed that at the time the spacesaver was an chargeable option on models purchased new during some earlier periods before the trend for runflats etc took hold of the general new car market

If it is not in your 2008 IS250, then somebody just stole it (not sure how it happened - maybe previous owner too it out to save weight), but 2008 IS250 should definitely have one as standard. Mk3 hybrid does not get one. 

57 minutes ago, ahmed-abrar said:

spoke to my local main dealer contact today & she confirmed that at the time the spacesaver was an chargeable option on models purchased new during some earlier periods before the trend for runflats etc took hold of the general new car market

Im not sure about that. We have had a 2007 and a 2011 IS250, both had a space saver spare wheel.  What trim is your IS250? Maybe it was omitted on the bottom spec S trim?

3 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Im not sure about that. We have had a 2007 and a 2011 IS250, both had a space saver spare wheel.  What trim is your IS250? Maybe it was omitted on the bottom spec S trim?

it was a option on the later mk3 if they had runflats as standard fitments, and yes I'm sure it was nabbed by the dealer as to my knowledge he had 2 other similar cars available at the time I purchased mine & my service history mentioned  one was present

the car came with a inflation kit anyway, but I was gonna replace wheels eventually as I sourced a refurbished set of 4 alloys prior to buying the car

and now I have also purchased a unused original spacesaver to replace the inflation kit