Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Newbie

Hi Thanks for accepting me as a member I bought my 2019 pre-owned UX Takumi Sonic Titanium with leather Ochre interior on the 5th June 2020 just after the end of the first lock-down from Lexus Hull, I have to say this is the most comfortable and relaxing car to drive that I have ever had, but due to lock-downs I have only covered approx 2 to 3k miles but enjoyable miles. Since I bought it I noticed a slight rattling above my head but away from the sun roof so I spoke with with Lexus Hull and took it in for them to check when we went out on a run to check the rattling the rattling did not occur, I occasionally get the rattles/creaking but does not seem as often now?, when I have read posts on this site some people have taken their cars in for the same problem only for it to be worse after Lexus have rectified it? so I think I will monitor it for the moment, I also noticed when braking there is a creaking noise as you brake but the service engineer who went on the run with me said that this is normal on this car and he has heard worse, maybe the brakes are bedding in although it does not seem as bad as when I first bought the car but it is still there., I have just started noticing my seat "the drivers seat" seems to be bubbling, what I mean by this is it looks like a Whoopy cushion as though there is air pushing it upwards its not uncomfortable or anything it just looks a little odd. Those are the negatives but the positives far out-way the negatives as its a great great car and I am happy driving it.  

I think it was the reputation for build, quality and comfort, I have historically bought hatchback cars for their versatility, I liked the shape/styling of the UX above all other contenders, I looked at Merc,s, BMW's Volvo,s Audi,s VW's but every time I went back to the UX,

The car I had previously was a BMW 1 series 1.6 diesel I had continuous issues with the DPF filter, it was sluggish, under powered and not really enjoyable to drive especially on longer runs also the comfort was lagging, it took me 12 to 18 months (Including lockdown) to make my decision as I think I rushed it when I bought the BMW so hopefully the Lexus is the good decision.

Regards

Ken

2 minutes ago, KenKrys said:

I think it was the reputation for build, quality and comfort, I have historically bought hatchback cars for their versatility, I liked the shape/styling of the UX above all other contenders, I looked at Merc,s, BMW's Volvo,s Audi,s VW's but every time I went back to the UX,

The car I had previously was a BMW 1 series 1.6 diesel I had continuous issues with the DPF filter, it was sluggish, under powered and not really enjoyable to drive especially on longer runs also the comfort was lagging, it took me 12 to 18 months (Including lockdown) to make my decision as I think I rushed it when I bought the BMW so hopefully the Lexus is the good decision.

Regards

Ken

Many thanks Ken. You have made an informed decision and I would be amazed if it did not turn out to be an exceptionally good one.

Stay safe and take care.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links