Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Derek Kane

Hi and welcome to the best lexus forum there is. A 2011 car? Is that a late gen 2 or a gen 3 car? I have a 2007 is250 SE-L which I love to bits. More so than the is300h and RX450h cars I've had previously. I take it you did research before you bought the car. Did you get it from a lexus dealer or where? Photos are always welcome. What made you go for the is250? Any questions you have concerning your car just ask on here and you'll get answers quickly. Glad you're pleased with your car.

Hi, its registered 11 but its July 10 so missed out on the facelift bumper etc although not really bothered by that as I'm maybe going to add a front spoiler of some kind but not sure what's gonna fit as our car seems to be in a bit of a no man's land as regards that. Bought from independent dealer with full history. Always wanted a lexus so yeah did a lot of reading on them and decided to go for gen2 as I'm not convinced by the CVT on any brand of car. Came with a tow bar fitted so will probably remove that once I get time, just hope I don't have to remove bumper to do that. Thanks again. 

I recommend you register your car on the Lexus website service section (hope that makes sense). You'll need the lig book first though because you'll need a number from it. Once registered you'll be able to see the cars service history if its been done by Lexus. Its really good. Good to know you researched the is250. Brake caliper slide pins seem to be an issue. Its one thing Lexus don't look at when servicing (except if asked for). There's loads of info on here regarding all aspects of the car. If you fancy adding Bluetooth streaming capability then search it as I've done a post on it and answered others. As for a front spoiler. You have the f-sport so I think you have a bumper lip already but there are alternatives out there. Look on eBay. There's been a few on here done mods. Look up those threads as I'm sure you'll get links too. I know what you mean regarding CVT. My first is300h I loved initially but within weeks I hated it mind you I came from 25 years of manual gearboxes. Swapped it for the ecoboost mondeo then back to the is300h and loved it all the time I had it,even the RX450h I part exchanged it for.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links