Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LPG IS300 Sportcross in Coventry

Might be risking losing it....has anyone looked at this IS Sportcross - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Lexus-IS300-Sportcross-3-0-Auto-LPG-Dual-Fuel-Autogas-Rare-Car/303840260367?hash=item46be4a710f:g:sScAAOSww-lfX5V9

I'm mainly wondering about the rear sill area which (as we know?) is potential rot area.

If anyone lives nearby...or has already ..looked at it, please get in touch. Lockdown makes it hard to get there (from bristol) though I'd love an lpg IS300.

it may seem expensive, but I think the quality, plus the lpg, make it worth it to me.

Asking the seller-as we know - can be fraught with exagerations!

I've had 2 LS400s, but don't need a big limo (or I might be tempted by a Citroen C6?) and the compact size is about right.

The 3 litre is 'icing on the cake'! At circa 40+ mpg equiv.lpg.

Chris in Bristol.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, Chris Skelton said:

I'm mainly wondering about the rear sill area which (as we know?) is potential rot area.

Very pricey for what it is imo. And you can see in the first picture the rot has already taken hold.

I assume you mean the rear Sill area- I thought the same. Somewhere on here there;s a vid from youtube of a horrific sill repair, which is what deters me somewhat!

I'd costed the lpg at near a grand....

Ah well, the Micra will live on a while longer......

Pity. Probably the best middle-size car in years (the model, not just THIS car!)

The lpg adds to the appeal, though not if you have to fit it-I don't do enough miles.

There must be a market growing as there's a low mile one going for near £6K.

Like LSs, people are catching on.