Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200h Wading Depth

Rakip123

Morning All,

We've had a few heavy spells of rain nearby and lots of kerb high standing water on the roads - anyone know what the safe wading depth is for the CT200h? It's already quite a low car and I understand the cold air intake sucks air from near the ground.

my advise would be " if your not happy doing something don't do it "

if another member could clarify where the air intake is located this would be of great help for Rakesh

i no longer have a ct so i cant check i will have a look at photos of my old ct to see if i can see intake location

Just don't risk it. That said, I did the other day in my local flooded area as all access roads were flooded and I had to choose what I assessed as being the less deep of all the evils. My guess it was at about 6-8" deep as it was sloshing up to the bottom of the sill and judging by the low front it's not quite as low, thankfully, as I was concerned about. On top of that, cautiously crawling at less than 5mph helped minimise displacement/waves. 

On 1/10/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rakip123 said:

I understand the cold air intake sucks air from near the ground.

This post is probably a little late, but anyway...

The engine air intake is, basically, behind the driver's side headlamp.

It's not a low set pipe, but as the above have said, I wouldn't care to try out flooded areas if there was any sort of choice!

...As per this picture.  The end if the pipe is shown with red arrows (air flow), the intake pipe itself is has a red star on it.

The strange regular holes in the intake pipe are there to reduce intake noise, I would think, I don't know if these holes, and the fibrous lining underneath, would allow water to pass through.  Some of the irregular shaped black boxes that are adjacent to the 'starred' pipe are 'resonators', I think these are to reduce unwanted harmonics, to improve refinement.

Happy to be corrected on any of this, of course!

HTH

P1060602a.jpg