Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus relax: a new way to time unlimited warranty?

Zotto

I don't know details, but from video it seems that doing a service in official deals every year the warranty over the whole car is extended till next year.

Something similar was already done with Hybrid parts, while now should cover even mechanical components.

46 minutes ago, Zotto said:

I don't know details, but from video it seems that doing a service in official deals every year the warranty over the whole car is extended till next year.

Something similar was already done with Hybrid parts, while now should cover even mechanical components.

If it replaced the Lexus Extended Warranty, with no age and no mileage limits at no cost, then the only costs is the cost of the annual service!

Please keep us updated Luigi. Many thanks. 

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Thanks Peter.

It only covers up to 160,000kms,which give or take is 100,000 miles.

Perhaps it is an alternative cover to the current Lexus Extended Warranty? 

I didn`t see any details of the cover provided by the Relax Warranty so it would be useful to know, so as to compare and contrast?

I imagine that a Member will enlighten us in due course.

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Interesting that there is no mention of Lexus Relax on the UK Lexus website.

Maybe only applicable to EU registered cars?

or perhaps due to some substantial reason it has not been possible to update the UK Website?

We watch with baited breath !

Looks to me that one of the clauses may be that the original 3 year warranty has not expired. So may not apply retrospectively if say your car is now 5 years old. Have to wait and see.

My LC would comply with the eligibility criterea and is in for it's 3 year service at the end of January. If this applies to UK sales then it will save me the high cost extended warranty. VERY INTERESTING.

At my last service in August  here in Italy, my RX passed Hybrid Care test , that means that all hybrid components are under warranty for another year or 15.000 km (till next programmed service). With this new Relax Warranty, the warranty is extended to all mechanical  components, excluding only those subjected to wear (like i.e. brakes). 

4 minutes ago, Zotto said:

At my last service in August  here in Italy, my RX passed Hybrid Care test , that means that all hybrid components are under warranty for another year or 15.000 km (till next programmed service). With this new Relax Warranty, the warranty is extended to all mechanical  components, excluding only those subjected to wear (like i.e. brakes). 

What about Electrical failures Luigi ?

6 minutes ago, Zotto said:

Here the page from Italian site, I am a bit lazy but google translator may help:

Garanzia fino a 10 anni | Lexus Italia

Thanks Luigi. It only covers Mechanicals and Hybrid system, Not Electrics, but still a good warranty to receive free of charge.

13 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Even so, would this not make the "add on" full extended warranty cheaper?

Somewhat academic at the moment Malcolm.

We don`t know if it will apply to UK ,OR what the details of the cover are.

If it did apply to UK AND if the extent of the cover was identical to the current Lexus Extended Warranty,less the Electrical cover, then the answer to your question should be yes !

Reading the Italian site the warranty, named "Lexus for You" is for all mechanical parts not subjected to wear, at no  cost. For hybrid system there is  the H-Care to be made during servicing that trough Hybrid Health Check extend warranty for a Year.

Anyway, it is not unlimited in time, but it can be made till 10 years life of vehicle.

Letterhead (d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net)

• Like 1

I have  talked with my Lexus Dealership today , they have said it only for Lexus Europe, not the UK . Which is a great shame and I am not getting into any Brext issues !

• Like 1

isn't the norm for Lexus ( and probably every other marque these days )       the Lifetime = 10 years = 100k miles

then zap, you're dead in the water

Malc