Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels

Derek Kane

On 12/01/2021 at 11:05 AM, H3XME said:

My 18x9.5 ET38 wheels sit 26mm further out compared to factory 17x8 ET45 wheels. 9.5 ET38 is too much for the front on factory ride height. Rear ones are just about flush / in line with the top of the arch. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

However, I have lowered the car on coilovers by about 60mm (it's still very comfortable due to softer spring rates, so I didn't lose comfort even though it's lower)

By lowering the car, the suspension tweaks to a point where you gain natural negative camber. 

With the camber I gained just by lowering the car, the front wheels have tucked in by a lot. From a slight poke to being 10-13mm in the arch. I don't have a picture of that, but they are well within the arch.

The rear wheels went in so much due to camber that I ended up using 22mm wheel spacers (which makes them 48mm further out compared to stock wheels, but again, i only "needed" to use spacers because it's been lowered and camber tucked the wheel in too much for my liking). Pics below. The wheels have a slight, aggressive poke, nothing too excessive. I'm happy with the rear fitment with my slightly stretched 225/40 tyres on the 9.5J rims.

IMG_3601-576x1024.jpgIMG_3616-576x1024.jpg

Fitment game is a difficult one to get it done right. Takes a lot of measuring and trying different things. It's safer to go for wheels that are within the arches and then tweak it with wheel spacers depending on how low you want the car to sit. 

IF you are NOT planning on lowering the car, your new wheels should be something like 8.5J ET35-45 for a fitment that will be 10-20mm further in the arch than my wheels on factory height. Hope that makes sense to all.

@Linas.P Yes, the negative camber plays its role, but I gained it just by lowering the car, I didn't need any camber arms or anything. Arches are slightly pinched/rolled on the front otherwise it would rub on full lock, but ONLY when i lowered the car. On factory height, I had no issues whatsoever, even with sh*t (pokey) fitment.

What exhaust do you have?

I have 15mm spacers on the front of mine and 20mm spacers on the back. They fit directly on the hub and the wheels bolt on to the spacers. My front tyres are 18 225 40 and rear 18 235 40. That's because the front and rear wheels are the same size. If my rear wheels were staggered I would have got 255 40 18s. 

Got mine ordered and fitted by FAW in hampstead London 

20210127_152415.jpg

20210127_152748.jpg

20210127_152434.jpg

On 1/27/2021 at 3:33 PM, Marleez said:

Do you get a nice rumble when you are cruising??

Yeah, when it's under a load. General driving it's quiet. Doesn't drone or anything. 

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links