Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


  • Join The Club

    Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

     

Who said max speed in EV mode is only 40mph?


Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

In my RC300h EV will cut in at 50-55mph but only when off the throttle. The slightest touch will cancel EV mode and the ICE kicks in

I've seen EV mode kick in between 55 - 65 mph when coasting down gentle gradients or in over-run on the flat in my 63 plate IS300h but it's only momentarily, maybe even a blip!  Doesn't occur on steep inclines which I take to be the changing gear ratios or being on the brakes more. It does occur more frequently between 40 - 50 mph under the same circumstances ie slight downhills etc. Always off throttle!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2021 at 11:15 AM, Al D-Much said:

I beg to differ........

 

You aren't in EV mode. Driver forced EV mode is limited to around 25 to 30 mph (lower when cold).

The petrol engine being turned off by the hybrid system isn't EV mode, that, for want of a term is EV in operation which can happen up to around 55 mph on the NX. Vehicles with a newer generation of hybrid system will allow higher speeds, around 70 mph.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well you learn something new every day......  been driving this car for 6 years or so not knowing the little green light in ECO only means "engine off" Doh!! Should've read the Manual! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MRV said:

Well you learn something new every day......  been driving this car for 6 years or so not knowing the little green light in ECO only means "engine off" Doh!! Should've read the Manual! 

Don’t answer Royoftherovers!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

You aren't in EV mode. Driver forced EV mode is limited to around 25 to 30 mph (lower when cold).

The petrol engine being turned off by the hybrid system isn't EV mode, that, for want of a term is EV in operation which can happen up to around 55 mph on the NX. Vehicles with a newer generation of hybrid system will allow higher speeds, around 70 mph.

In all intents and purposes, if the ICE is off, therefore not providing power, and it’s running purely on Battery, that is EV mode.

Even the little green light agrees and states the car is running EV mode

As to the pedantry of EV mode / in operation, is simply semantics

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

In all intents and purposes, if the ICE is off, therefore not providing power, and it’s running purely on battery, that is EV mode.

Even the little green light agrees and states the car is running EV mode

As to the pedantry of EV mode / in operation, is simply semantics

Totally agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


50mph for me. As soon as I exceed 50 the petrol engine switches on. As others have said, the slightest increase of pressure on the accelerator at speeds between about 30 and 50 will do the same. Have to treat the accelerator like it has eggs underneath it!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, paulrnx said:

50mph for me. As soon as I exceed 50 the petrol engine switches on. As others have said, the slightest increase of pressure on the accelerator at speeds between about 30 and 50 will do the same. Have to treat the accelerator like it has eggs underneath it!

I'm a big fan of scrambled eggs.
That's why my fuel bills are high 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community


eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk
×
  • Create New...