Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who said max speed in EV mode is only 40mph?

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

In my RC300h EV will cut in at 50-55mph but only when off the throttle. The slightest touch will cancel EV mode and the ICE kicks in

I've seen EV mode kick in between 55 - 65 mph when coasting down gentle gradients or in over-run on the flat in my 63 plate IS300h but it's only momentarily, maybe even a blip!  Doesn't occur on steep inclines which I take to be the changing gear ratios or being on the brakes more. It does occur more frequently between 40 - 50 mph under the same circumstances ie slight downhills etc. Always off throttle!

On 1/12/2021 at 11:15 AM, Al D-Much said:

I beg to differ........

You aren't in EV mode. Driver forced EV mode is limited to around 25 to 30 mph (lower when cold).

The petrol engine being turned off by the hybrid system isn't EV mode, that, for want of a term is EV in operation which can happen up to around 55 mph on the NX. Vehicles with a newer generation of hybrid system will allow higher speeds, around 70 mph.

• Like 4

Well you learn something new every day......  been driving this car for 6 years or so not knowing the little green light in ECO only means "engine off" Doh!! Should've read the Manual! 

10 hours ago, MRV said:

Well you learn something new every day......  been driving this car for 6 years or so not knowing the little green light in ECO only means "engine off" Doh!! Should've read the Manual! 

Don’t answer Royoftherovers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

You aren't in EV mode. Driver forced EV mode is limited to around 25 to 30 mph (lower when cold).

The petrol engine being turned off by the hybrid system isn't EV mode, that, for want of a term is EV in operation which can happen up to around 55 mph on the NX. Vehicles with a newer generation of hybrid system will allow higher speeds, around 70 mph.

In all intents and purposes, if the ICE is off, therefore not providing power, and it’s running purely on Battery, that is EV mode.

Even the little green light agrees and states the car is running EV mode

As to the pedantry of EV mode / in operation, is simply semantics

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

In all intents and purposes, if the ICE is off, therefore not providing power, and it’s running purely on battery, that is EV mode.

Even the little green light agrees and states the car is running EV mode

As to the pedantry of EV mode / in operation, is simply semantics

Totally agree.

50mph for me. As soon as I exceed 50 the petrol engine switches on. As others have said, the slightest increase of pressure on the accelerator at speeds between about 30 and 50 will do the same. Have to treat the accelerator like it has eggs underneath it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, paulrnx said:

50mph for me. As soon as I exceed 50 the petrol engine switches on. As others have said, the slightest increase of pressure on the accelerator at speeds between about 30 and 50 will do the same. Have to treat the accelerator like it has eggs underneath it!

I'm a big fan of scrambled eggs.
That's why my fuel bills are high 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links