Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 5500miles 1 Lady Owner , Garaged from new.

For sale:   Lexus SC430  2004 5500 miles   1 Lady Owner from new. Garaged from new. I don't have much information on it as yet as it's a friends elderly mother that owns it and it's hard to get to see the car with restrictions in place.

I thought I'd advertise it on here before it goes on Autotrader etc.

Item Condition:    Very Good  (mint, I would think)

Price and price conditions:  £20,000 but open to reasonable offers. We don't know what it's worth because there's nothing to compare it to.

Extra Info:  

Pictures:  To follow

Contact Details: Message me on here or phone 07917795047

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:  Pick up only

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sja said:

For sale:   Lexus SC430  2004 5500 miles   1 Lady Owner from new. Garaged from new. I don't have much information on it as yet as it's a friends elderly mother that owns it and it's hard to get to see the car with restrictions in place.

I thought I'd advertise it on here before it goes on Autotrader etc.

Item Condition:    Very Good  (mint, I would think)

Price and price conditions:  £20,000 but open to reasonable offers. We don't know what it's worth because there's nothing to compare it to.

Extra Info:  

Pictures:  To follow

Contact Details: Message me on here or phone 07917795047

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:  Pick up only

Wow!  I think you may want to reconsider the price, way over the top by at least 50%

• Like 1

I recently helped a friend sell her Nissan Micra. It was five years old but had only 1,527 miles on the clock.

A friend of mine in the trade looked at Glass and at CAP but couldn't come up with a figure because in cases like this you're buying the mileage as much as the car. His suggestion was to look how much webuyanycar.com came up with and to take it from there, but we need the reg number to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sja said:

Well that's why I said Open to Offers 

There is not another one like it for sale....1 owner with 5500miles

I had to put something because the administrators said I had to put a price. There are plenty at £10k with 50k miles+   this has 5.5K miles

Steven while not wishing in any way to drive the price down the reason there are "plenty" for sale at £10k is they are way over priced. I would assume the car for sale is the mk1 version that was replaced in 2005 with among other things a much improved transmission.

The other thing to consider crazy as it sounds is has it got a full dealer service history? This would mean it has a service stamp in the book for every year of it's life even though it's only done 5500 miles.

I honestly believe  the views given by the members here on LOC are genuine, and trying to be helpful. You may be lucky and perhaps achieve £12k for the car, but if the services have not been carried out there could easily be £2k plus worth of work required to bring the car up to scratch. Things like the timing belt will need changing "quite expensive", and without this work the engine could be destroyed. No one is going to drive a performance car with tyres that are 17 years old standing  for long periods in one position.

I hope the sale goes well, and please get back to us to let us know how well it went.

John.

• Like 3

If it is in exceptional condition and doesn't require any work because a dealer has done everything required each year then someone might be prepared to pay a considerable premium with so few miles covered. Whether there is such an enthusiast for a 2004 model SC430 is the question? .....and this is the right place to enquire. Pictures and a full description would help us to attempt to put a realistic value on it.  I don't know of another one with so few miles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sja said:

Well that's why I said Open to Offers 

There is not another one like it for sale....1 owner with 5500miles

I had to put something because the administrators said I had to put a price. There are plenty at £10k with 50k miles+   this has 5.5K miles

We certainly wait with great interest for the pictures etc. A 17 year old car with 6 months average yearly mileage is quite likely the only one in existence globally!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sja said:

Thanks everyone, I think you're right about the price, I think if we can get £12k for it , we'll be happy.

I don't know about the servicing , they are a wealthy family so don't cut corners in any way , I'll try to find out as much as possible and get back to you.

It might take a few days as I personally can't go and see it but my friend can I think, it's his mother, I should be able to at least get the reg number. 

With the registration you can verify mileage and with a little more info, all of the service history via Lexus if it has been serviced by the main dealer.

2 hours ago, sja said:

Registration is JSS82

That's quite the MOT history!

2 hours ago, sja said:

Car is now sold. Thanks to the Forum.

I'm sure that what everyone wants to know is how much did it go for?

If it had been listed in Autotrader or in a showroom the price would have been there for the whole world to see so it's not exactly a state secret and I see no harm in telling us. After all, it's such a unique case that it would be cruel to not tell us.