Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021/2022 NX spy shots

Don’t forget that the NX doesn’t have the same powertrain as an IS. The NX has a transverse engine whereas the IS has an in-line engine. Both 2.5 litre but different engines.

8 hours ago, EssexGonzo said:

I reckon it’ll have the updated and slightly more powerful hybrid power train from the RAV4 which the journos seem to rate more than the old one (which was the NX has to this day)

I think that is 99% certain at this point, which is only a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a topic similar to this one on the US-based Club Lexus forum. On there a user has posted some photos of what appears to be the new NX. I'm not sure if these are mock-ups or not as the person has not added supporting comments so take them with a pinch of salt. The images are slightly dark so may not tell the whole story.  

Real or not, they do look interesting (the interior especially looks fantastic IMHO):-

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-models-2015-present/959945-2022-lexus-nx-spied-post-38-with-spy-shot-link-5.html#post11000378

• Thanks 1

This pictures look very nice indeed.

Halving owned the car for 3.5 years, my two bugbears remain. The infotainment and the gearbox. If the RAV4 is anything to go by, the gearbox has been sorted for this platform and so bodes well for the next NX. And the infotainment can now be ignored due to the inclusion of CarPlay (yes, I know there’s an aftermarket solution too). 

So, looking good!

That's quite nice. Rear lights have the red strip that seems to be coming into all new Lexus cars.

I think the internal pics are the most interesting - difficult to fake or render given angles and lighting, so may well be the real deal. Seems the analogue clock is gone though if these are true.

Those are the pics I saw a few weeks ago. Its legit

So now those have been seen by most people.... the new things, of course the exterior and the platform is new. Lexus is using TNGA now same as the RAV4 which bodes well.

The infotainment is completely new as there is no remote touch interface. New wheel designs, one of which is probably an F-Sport wheel but the vehicle pictured is not an F-Sport variant. 

44 minutes ago, subria88 said:

I mean is a plug hybrid a NX450h+ or a NX450e (as in the UX300e)

Itll be an NX450h+ which is a plug in hybrid. Itll be the 302hp version lifted from the RAV4 prime. 

The NX350h will be the only option at launch I suspect which will either be a 219hp version or 254hp version. Depends on what Lexus deem fit to put inside. 

From the initial pics i am somewhat disappointed. Generic, Corean, Predictable, Conservative, Yesterday. Could be me but it feels out of touch with todays automotive market. The current wave of EV's is setting the tone ( also design wise ) and this just seems a bit 2020 to me.

Could be me though and i havent seen it in the flesh... 

My first reaction is lukewarm - it's still a handsome car, but nowhere near as edgy (literally) as the original looked in 2014. While the bigger infotainment screen is welcome, its integration into the dash looks a bit clumsy. I wonder if Nobuyuki Tomatsu was involved, and if not what he thinks of the redesign?

3 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Just a thought but it looks very close to the current model. Could it be a big facelift alike the new IS? 

New platform so no. Will be slightly longer

1 hour ago, Martin J said:

My first reaction is lukewarm - it's still a handsome car, but nowhere near as edgy (literally) as the original looked in 2014.

I know what you mean. I'm currently more excited by the interior than the exterior. Would be good to see the car in better lighting and different paint colours. 

Chatter around the web is that it's a definite leak and Lexus are not happy about (obviously). Pics and videos being removed.

I'm not completely convinced by touch sensitive buttons (I'm more preferring proper tactile that you don't have to look at to operate).

The NX is one of their big sellers, so can see the issues if they went with completely different style direction. Perhaps it's praise on the current model that it still looks as good as it did when it came out 6 years ago and they didn't feel they needed to completely overhaul it - just the interior and engines.

On the plus side, does mean you can have the current model and not feel like you're missing out (much). 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Martin J said:

My first reaction is lukewarm - it's still a handsome car, but nowhere near as edgy (literally) as the original looked in 2014. While the bigger infotainment screen is welcome, its integration into the dash looks a bit clumsy. I wonder if Nobuyuki Tomatsu was involved, and if not what he thinks of the redesign?

I actually like what I have seen. It's a case of evolution of bodywork design rather than revolution. Interior looks amazing. Has anybody had any inside info on a release date as yet. 

22 hours ago, subria88 said:

On the plus side, does mean you can have the current model and not feel like you're missing out (much). 

The new one will be built on a completely different platform with a complete new drivetrain. The only thing that it has with the old model are body panels that are shaped the same.

59 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Isn't the RAV4 considerably bigger than the current NX?  would that mean the new NX will grow in size?

It is deceptive because of the angular styling. Actually the current NX is 4cm longer than the Rav4, although the Rav is 3cm longer in wheelbase and 1cm wider.

I'd expect the next NX to have the Rav's larger wheelbase but the front and rear overhangs will no doubt be different. The trend is certainly to make vehicles larger (each RX has become larger than the previous).

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The new one will be built on a completely different platform with a complete new drivetrain. The only thing that it has with the old model are body panels that are shaped the same.

So yes, new platform, new engines (and thus better fuel efficiency), new interior. Always a positive.

But if you're not fussed by any of the above, no need to upgrade or wait for the new one perhaps.

The leak seemed to be of the non US model (given fake plates) and front bumper (which is different for the US for to get into the lower fuel efficiency/tax bracket for trucks rather than cars.)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links