Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust replacement cost high

David walker

It all depends on what you want to do but a good quality SS cat back (or third cat delete) replacement exhaust system, done properly, should cost around £700, perhaps a little less. 

Replacement exhaust parts from the dealer are still available and may not be as expensive as you might imagine. Some owners have gone that route. It's unlikely that a decent used exhaust becomes available but you never know.

• Like 1

Ny car is in a garage in Italy just and need the whole 3 part exhaust system replacing 

The estimate is approx €2200

At one know if this is what the fee would be in pounds with Lexus parts..? 

Thanks 

19 hours ago, David walker said:

Ny car is in a garage in Italy just and need the whole 3 part exhaust system replacing 

The estimate is approx €2200

At one know if this is what the fee would be in pounds with Lexus parts..? 

Thanks 

The 3 sections add up to around £1500.00 then you also require the various gaskets and other fittings on top of that cost.

I replaced the 2 rear sections as far as the rear CAT for around £600-700 OEM . to keep the car original .

It will last another 15 years which is longer than I have .

The front section is ok on mine so does not need replacing . 

us1a.png

• Like 2

( replacing ) just the sump washer on mine at the last service, the very first time the washer has had to be replaced  to my knowledge in maybe 25 annual services, the washer was a ridiculous £38 incl vat

My indy got it etc .....  seems amazing for a tiny washer, but there we are .........  £1.50 a year i guess isn't too bad

Malc

Something wrong there Malc. They're a fibre crush washer and my Lexus parts department gave me a handful a year or two ago. Should be changed at every oil change.

Never had the sump off the IS, GS or LS but did your indy possibly have the sump off and fitted a new sump gasket?

• Like 1