Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 300 interior lights

1 hour ago, Terry Russell said:

Good day to all, I have just purchased a 2005 rx300, as far as I am aware all the interior lights work BUT, can anyone tell me if the mirror adjuster and mirror in buttons are supposed to be illuminated.

T

Not sure - I know mine don't - wished they did!

I would suggest, no ...?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Terry Russell said:

Good day to all, I have just purchased a 2005 rx300, as far as I am aware all the interior lights work BUT, can anyone tell me if the mirror adjuster and mirror in buttons are supposed to be illuminated.

T

I know I'm weird but whenever anyone joins the club announcing that they've just bought a 2005 RX300, I always wonder if it's my old one? Reg No. GY05 HVK.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I know I'm weird but whenever anyone joins the club announcing that they've just bought a 2005 RX300, I always wonder if it's my old one? Reg No. GY05 HVK.

Nice story old pal, but do you remember if she lit up your dashboard as the O.P. asks ?

51 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Nice story old pal, but do you remember if she lit up your dashboard as the O.P. asks ?

I can't remember what happened last week, never mind three years ago - that's when we traded it in for our current car 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Terry Russell said:

No it not your old one BUT it might be, the previous owner had a personal plater on it, 

You'd know if it was - we had ours converted to run on LPG and a very small mod I did was to remove the cig lighter to enable easier phone charging. If I was going to do that now I'd use a socket with incorporated voltmeter to keep an eye on the Battery.

usb.jpg

They don't. What I did on my 04 plate RX300 was to install a low output LED just in the ledge above them. Worked a treat. I tapped into the switched 12v supply just behind the panel so was super easy.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, Herbie said:

I can't remember what happened last week, never mind three years ago - that's when we traded it in for our current car 😊

Don't worry - in just a few years time, you won't be able to remember what happened yesterday - but three years ago will be as clear as crystal

• Like 2
  • Haha 1