Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air suspension on 2006 RX 350

Hello everyone . Urgent help needed.. just bought a 2006 RX 350 .... having spent years being cosseted in a gs 300 se-l. Cut a long story short the RX n/s front air suspension has a small leak .. i have priced up new ones and knock me down with a feather they are expensive is there any garages in the uk that can supply and fit coilovers ?? Preferably in yorkshire? Also how hard or easy is it to convert from air to springs ? .many thanks Dean Newbold 

3 hours ago, Dean Newbold said:

Hello everyone . Urgent help needed.. just bought a 2006 RX 350 .... having spent years being cosseted in a gs 300 se-l. Cut a long story short the RX n/s front air suspension has a small leak .. i have priced up new ones and knock me down with a feather they are expensive is there any garages in the uk that can supply and fit coilovers ?? Preferably in yorkshire? Also how hard or easy is it to convert from air to springs ? .many thanks Dean Newbold 

I don't know about the RX but I changed my air setup for springs, an easy enough job taking less than an hour each corner.  If you don't plan to go back to air you can just cut the air lines and remove the suspension system fuse to avoid any warning lights, everything else can stay in place.  Just avoid buying the very cheap coilovers if you go down that route.

• Like 2

The air suspension does get more tricky to preserve with age and high mileage but I always think it's a shame to lose the feature on the SEL. Is the leak definitely from the strut?

At 180k I replaced one of my rear struts with a used unit and I think the other will need to be done soon. (I have a spare) I also recently renewed a front N/S top strut bearing too but both front corners seem fine even with all those miles on them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil E said:

The air suspension does get more tricky to preserve with age and high mileage but I always think it's a shame to lose the feature on the SEL. Is the leak definitely from the strut?

At 180k I replaced one of my rear struts with a used unit and I think the other will need to be done soon. (I have a spare) I also recently renewed a front N/S top strut bearing too but both front corners seem fine even with all those miles on them.

I do like mine...

• Like 1

Just now, PCM said:

I do like mine...

Yes, apart from providing a better ride, if you occasionally go off the beaten track or encounter deep snow, cross fords, etc that's when you realise the benefit. Most RXs probably don't see too much of the wilderness so normal suspension would be absolutely fine. Oh, not forgetting the lowering feature for easy access too.....I'm getting old.🙂

• Like 1