Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Things I never knew - ventilated Seat Filters.

Just discovered today that my ventilated seats have filtersÂ đŸ˜”Â I suppose it makes sense as most cooling systems do but I never imagined there would be such a thing (and if you have the rear vented seats they have them as well) Initial investigation so far to purchase said filters (as I would imagine mine would need replaced by now) shows an average price of about $23US each so thankfully I will only need 2 

I wonder what other unknowns await 😆

(if links not allowed feel free to delete - I tried using the link only option but it unceremoniously kicked me off the page!) 

• Like 2

From my experience of German marques, they all can warm your backside to slightly cooking in very quick time.

Makes you wonder if the people of the Far East have thinner cheek skin than the hardy Northern European?

My missus gets to warm in my LS in next to no time, where as I find it takes my backside a while longer to let me know time to turn off.

4 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Hi

Oh yes they do

I do wish the seats would warm up a little quicker though

The seats in my brothers BMW heats up within a minute and the heat pads are well placed aswell

I didn't know about filters but by thinking about it, yes, this should be in a system. Need to find where are mine and clean them or change them!

Regards heating of the seats, Lexus did a very bad job with it, when I got the car first I thought I have faulty heating element so i took the car to the Lexus (paid about £100) so they could check it and the verdict was - your seats are fine and heat as they should! The BMW I had before Lexus was way better at warming up your bum and lower back, seems like Lexus has a very narrow and low set of heating elements as sides of my legs are always cold and it does take longer to heat up the seat and it does not produce as much heat as my old BMW or even my wife current model. 

I guess just a Lexus specific, it (heating element) will last longer though, I hope! 🙂

49 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Hi

Oh yes they do

I do wish the seats would warm up a little quicker though

The seats in my brothers BMW heats up within a minute and the heat pads are well placed aswell

You should experience the heated seats in the GS F.  They are about as useful as a mouse breathing on an iceberg.  The ventilated seats aren't a lot better, but on the plus side, they are the most comfortable seats in any car I have driven.

• Haha 1

Drive a 2001-2005 S-Class Merc. The most comfy seats I have ever sat in, in cars or houses or anywhere. Awful car otherwise with constant electrical failures and atrocious throttle lag on the 320CDI.
The LS430 seats are good, but not great. I never use seat heaters (feels like I've had an accident đŸ€Ł) but wish the seat cooler function was more cooling. Not a major gripe, but not great for a top-end model. And yes, I have tried with new filters, no filters at all, and have even had the seat out to see if it was clogged up past the filter.

10 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Drive a 2001-2005 S-Class Merc. The most comfy seats I have ever sat in, in cars or houses or anywhere. Awful car otherwise with constant electrical failures and atrocious throttle lag on the 320CDI.
The LS430 seats are good, but not great. I never use seat heaters (feels like I've had an accident đŸ€Ł) but wish the seat cooler function was more cooling. Not a major gripe, but not great for a top-end model. And yes, I have tried with new filters, no filters at all, and have even had the seat out to see if it was clogged up past the filter.

I drove a Lincoln Navigator in the US and that had actual Air Conditioned seats.  Now that really did make it feel like I'd had an accident as they were so cold!

• Haha 1

I rarely use the heated seats but my passengers always use them in winter and love them so maybe its a drivers seat thing. I also had a 2006 S class and yes it was comfortable but ultimately an absolute dog of thing that cost me an arm and a leg before I got rid of it. Best seat I ever sat on was in a Citroen CX Prestige - a real armchair experience (although I am told some older American cars have big plush chairs as well) I've as yet to get around to fixing the hard seat on my car as some thing called a pandemic closed the place I was going to take it to and the usual round of no travel restrictions alternated with the lockdowns and I never got a chance. 

• Like 1

Having had a LS400 and now a LS430 I can tell you that the heated seats in the LS400 worked properly and quickly and were much more comfortable than those on the LS430.  As for the cooled seats (as far as I know only available from the LS430 on) you might, maybe, notice the cooling in the Sahara desert but here it's a wasted effort and I have also had the experience with US cars (Lincoln Town car) and it can freeze your........... 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Junksleeper said:

Have to say the heating and cooling on my 460's seats is excellent,  warm bum within 90 seconds!  although I'm in agreement with yer man, it feels like you've had an accident!!

I have to agree with you, Mike.   I don't often use the cooling feature but often use the heating. The heated seats, front and back, are really efficient.  I get my car serviced at my local Lexus dealer and they, regularly, take the seat filters out and clean them.

1 hour ago, Junksleeper said:

Have to say the heating and cooling on my 460's seats is excellent,  warm bum within 90 seconds!  although I'm in agreement with yer man, it feels like you've had an accident!!

My Volvo seats are by far the best I've experienced, very warm in a couple of minutes and very cold in the summer, but I agree with the comments on the LS430, very poor considering the original price!