Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2000 LS400 - "Still floating on a cloud' ;)

So I have not posted on here for a while (but have used the excellent "Tutorials" page on numerous occasions) thought I would add a few updated pics of "Lexy" to my Album and sing her praises yet AGAIN. She now has 92K on the clock, is 21 years old and still running like a star! have recently upgraded my old original 16" chromes for some 6 spoke 17' off a 2004 LS430. (Thus ensuring they cleared the BIG front calipers.) Also replaced the orange side markers with clear ones and have added V8 badges. I have a pack of new LED Orange/White replacement lamps and ballast resistors to enable me to remove the orange plastic mouldings from within the the front corner markers, which when done will give it a "clear/clean" look I'm after. 

Everything else is still stock and other than regular fluids and filter replacements, all four O2 sensors and a wiper blade, the last 5 years have been trouble free!

LS400's with low miles are now VERY rare over here, in fact some mid 90's models have sold for over $12000. It's a rare thing nowadays to buy a non-classic car that is a daily driver and yet is STILL appreciating in value!!! 😍

• Like 4

18 hours ago, philmstar said:

Hi Malc, I think it is mentioned in one of my early posts, but I'm in Salem, Oregon on the West Coast of the USA. been here for 12 years after a career in the Royal Signals. 😉

Oregon is a lovely part of the world......and a well-kept secret.  My wife and I have spent quite a bit of time there in the past 7 years.

3 hours ago, Tulpen said:

Oregon is a lovely part of the world......and a well-kept secret.  My wife and I have spent quite a bit of time there in the past 7 years.

It is indeed 🙂 Sadly not got out too much recently, due to the pandemic 😞

27 minutes ago, Malc said:

On my wish list is to pop over to the USA ( again ) and buy a Ls400 to drive around with for maybe a month

after covid of course

Malc

I just love "cruisin' the freeways over here, "Lexy" is in her element on the long, open roads over here. I recently did a 1500+ mile trip to Idaho and back, she never missed a beat and I got out at the end feeling fresh and relaxed. Returning 27.4 mpg from a steady 80/85mph cruise wasn't bad either!!! 😉

As I said earlier, you could have difficulty in finding one for sale nowadays, owners have realized  what a "gem" they have, but also sadly the youngsters have also taken to "slamming" the earlier models with the "VIP" trend. 😞