Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possiably a major expense

wendle

This error has just come up on my sat nav screen , a blue strip across the top of the screen.

its booked in for Friday, they are going to do the latest  update to MM19, and reset the screen neither of witch i think will solve the problem.

i think it will need a new screen, the problem is the car is out of warranty, i didn't extend the warranty as the car only travels around 2,500 miles a year, it will be interesting to see what they say.

IMG_1713.jpeg

Fingers crossed its not a major issue.

What makes you think it needs a new screen. Hopefully,Lexus will take a generous view if it does. Very low mileage and not long out of warranty.

Good luck.

A J.

8 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

Fingers crossed its not a major issue.

What makes you think it needs a new screen. Hopefully,Lexus will take a generous view if it does. Very low mileage and not long out of warranty.

Good luck.

A J.

I was assuming  that the display work's in sections, or in the case of a tv, pixels, and that the top section is faulty, but as you say hopefully its a easy fix or Lexus indeed take into consideration the age and millage of the car, ill keep you posted

4 minutes ago, Steve said:

its not in a different view mode at all? Never seen anything like this and it seems to fade in to blue. 

i will have a look Steve, i don't think I have touched anything

perhaps its in Summer mode, makes the sky look blue.lol.

20 minutes ago, wendle said:

i will have a look Steve, i don't think I have touched anything

perhaps its in Summer mode, makes the sky look blue.lol.

24 minutes ago, Steve said:

its not in a different view mode at all? Never seen anything like this and it seems to fade in to blue. 

well that was embarrassing. lol. 

Steve you were right, i have had a fiddle and its gone, not sure what mode it was in, i don't normally touch anything once i have it how i want it

• Like 3

Yes, I get the blue horizon on my SatNav screen in the "3d" mode.

My car is going in for its 3 year service later this month and I have reported the SatNav losing track of where the car is located. For example, it shows me in the middle of the New Forest when I am at home in Wiltshire. I have seen this intermittently before and the system seems to correct itself after a few days. I thought it was best to get this flagged up in case the GPS sensor is faulty. Hedge End have indicated a "software update" is required. We will see.  

On 1/20/2021 at 11:52 AM, wendle said:

This error has just come up on my sat nav screen , a blue strip across the top of the screen.

its booked in for Friday, they are going to do the latest  update to MM19, and reset the screen neither of witch i think will solve the problem.

i think it will need a new screen, the problem is the car is out of warranty, i didn't extend the warranty as the car only travels around 2,500 miles a year, it will be interesting to see what they say.

IMG_1713.jpeg

forgive my ignorance but that looks like the horizon in 3D map view. do you have the blue line on the menu screen?

10 minutes ago, Mudbutler said:

forgive my ignorance but that looks like the horizon in 3D map view. do you have the blue line on the menu screen?

Yes your right Mark, the thing is that i have ever changed my view so didn't know that a blue strip is shown when its put into  3D mode, so when it just appeared i got concerned. I have had problem with the screen just going into searching mode every now and then, sometime it come straight back on other times it just stays in searching mode for my hole trip home ( 15 mins ).

i have just had the latest update done, MM19, and this update is  to cure this problem so i will see

@wendleWhen you say "searching mode" what do you see on the display? Is it that the system cannot see the satellites (ref. my post above on incorrect location)? 

Another issue I have both on the LC and our NX is that the scaling which you have set on the map randomly and mysteriously gets reset to some default level. Not a big deal but annoying.

23 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

@wendleWhen you say "searching mode" what do you see on the display? Is it that the system cannot see the satellites (ref. my post above on incorrect location)? 

Another issue I have both on the LC and our NX is that the scaling which you have set on the map randomly and mysteriously gets reset to some default level. Not a big deal but annoying.

Hi Malcolm,   The screen goes blank and the word  "SEARCHING......", comes up on the screen the same as when you first start up the car, the same as if you push down on the volume control knob for 10 seconds, this resets the system, but mine randomly does this. They have told me that the MM19 update should solve this problem

Yes agree with the scaling, mine does the same, but on this occasion it also changed the mode to 3D which put the blue strip across the top of the screen which gave me concern as i had never seen this before.

My LC has had its service and navigation updates. I have added below some photos of the software update screens. Can anyone tell me if these are indeed the latest updates? I note than my system seems to be CY17 not CY19 and the Carplay update is not possible.

LC_Nav_Jan21_01.JPG

LC_Nav_Jan21_02.JPG

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

My LC has had its service and navigation updates. I have added below some photos of the software update screens. Can anyone tell me if these are indeed the latest updates? I note than my system seems to be CY17 not CY19 and the Carplay update is not possible.

LC_Nav_Jan21_01.JPG

LC_Nav_Jan21_02.JPG

Hello Malcolm, see my post in New Owner - First thoughts and faults, posted on Dec 14th...

I will take a couple of photos of my software update screens. And post them on the Forum...

22 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Malcolm, see my post in New Owner - First thoughts and faults, posted on Dec 14th...

I will take a couple of photos of my software update screens. And post them on the Forum...

I booked my car in with Snows Plymouth, and brought forward my MOT, because of the email below...

"I have booked an appointment with collection & return for the 8th and return on the 9th we will complete the MOT ( First MOT isn’t due until 30th Jan 2021 so you will loose a bit of time ) set the TPMS winter settings, Carry out a complimentary visual health check & complete the F.O.C Multimedia update to MM19."

I ended up only paying for the MOT, and no updates were done, see below...

1446409733_09_12.20_Modelinformation.jpg

1692942884_09_12.20_Softwareupdate.jpg

15.11.20_Update History.jpg

Kevin,

Thanks for this.

AFAIK the Navigation updates are free for 3 years so you can probably still get them to put yours into the same state as mine (which is confirmed as the "latest"). We are not going to get the CarPlay update though as ours are both the MM17 and not the MM19 system. I can't understand why Snows didn't do this for you when they found that they couldn't do the CarPlay update.

18 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Kevin,

Thanks for this.

AFAIK the Navigation updates are free for 3 years so you can probably still get them to put yours into the same state as mine (which is confirmed as the "latest"). We are not going to get the CarPlay update though as ours are both the MM17 and not the MM19 system. I can't understand why Snows didn't do this for you when they found that they couldn't do the CarPlay update.

Yes Malcolm, the Pandemic has caused problems with car dealers… but Lexus dealers should still be dealing with customers the same as before the Pandemic. Snows should have updated my Navigation...

I have never received a reply to two emails, one I sent on the 3rd Dec, the other on the 10th Dec, which is below… with no name…

Hello *****,

So the MM19 update is only currently available in America, not the UK…?

Regards

Kevin

So, I never completed the email I received, about my experience with dealing with Snows…

Perhaps I should have, to say they are crap...! 

My Convertible is not coming from Snows anyway…!

Cheers Kevin