Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally getting wheels refurbished

you'll need to change your Quote from

" I need to get my wheels refurbished . .  I keep curbing them and I'm crying so much on the inside . . . "

to something like

i need to look after my refurbished wheels . .and stop kerbing them so i can be proud of them

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 200h said:

if the forum had a prize for the worst wheels you'd of won it stuart without any doubt

I think it would be a close contest between these wheels and those on my old IS250...

10 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I have to add that the wheels on my brothers 2013 BMW still look very presentable with minimal flaking  - some kerbing though

Stuarts wheels are not the norm - maybe there is an outside factor?

Yes, this is simply curbing and jet washing over 4 years gradually getting worse and worse and worse. The wheels were originally dipped instead of being a standard painted wheel, so they look a lot worse than if they were a curbed alloy wheel. 

And probably a good opportunity to put some tyres on them....

Roadcruza and Tree-A does not sound like brands I would like trust to keep me alive. On any road conditions... heck even stationary car... 

• Like 3

i agree with linas

dont skrimp on tyres and always buy the best tyre you can afford,

you have a good car don't ruin it because you cant stop in the wet

Budget tyres are always an arguing point and one I'm not going to spend much time defending. 

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Three-A/P606.htm

https://whattyre.com/products/roadcruza-ra710/104980/

Despite being budget tyres, they set me back £250 fully fitted and balanced. 

Yes, I completely understand that Dunlop / Bridgestone / Pirelli are better tyres, but £150+ per tyre sure hurts my head. Lol. 

10 hours ago, 200h said:

dont skrimp on tyres and always buy the best tyre you can afford,

Always sound advice.

The danger with cheap tyres and slightly silly brand names is that they could be recuts - or what I believe the trade calls regrooves. These would be illegal on ordinary passenger vehicles.

Of course some budget tyres are perfectly respectable, with cost savings being made by offering only the most popular sizes and simpler construction and compound mixes.  Some may even be made alongside better known brands.

Many years ago I was involved in Esso advertising.  At the time Esso introduced a forecourt range of tyres, batteries and accessories.  The Esso branded, budget tyres were actually made by Pirelli on the main production line.  The only differences were the Esso logo in the moulds and small cosmetic changes to the tread.  Otherwise the same construction and compound.  

For ordinary, conventional motoring they were outstanding value.

5 hours ago, Stuart Aspey said:

Budget tyres are always an arguing point and one I'm not going to spend much time defending. 

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Three-A/P606.htm

https://whattyre.com/products/roadcruza-ra710/104980/

Despite being budget tyres, they set me back £250 fully fitted and balanced. 

Yes, I completely understand that Dunlop / Bridgestone / Pirelli are better tyres, but £150+ per tyre sure hurts my head. Lol. 

With the right offer, you can get all 4 corners fitted, balanced, and old disposed of for less than you think. I had 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5s fitted by Costco for ÂŁ312.

More than ÂŁ250 indeed, but a good deal can be had. Certainly not ÂŁ150 a corner you mention.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LenT said:

The danger with cheap tyres and slightly silly brand names is that they could be recuts - or what I believe the trade calls regrooves. These would be illegal on ordinary passenger vehicles

I believe the tyres were new at the point of purchase and not retread or part worn

42 minutes ago, matt8 said:

With the right offer, you can get all 4 corners fitted, balanced, and old disposed of for less than you think. I had 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5s fitted by Costco for ÂŁ312.

More than ÂŁ250 indeed, but a good deal can be had. Certainly not ÂŁ150 a corner you mention.

Costco do tyre fitting.... Very interesting to know. I'll check them out for prices. 

The tyres currently on the car were only fitted in November, so at the rate I'm driving, I dare say they won't need to be replaced until 2022. Lol. 

Costco were offering the same price that the Lexus dealership were, so no savings there.