Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Screen black after battery change

1 hour ago, matt8 said:

Did you sort this, @rayaans?

Very worrying for what is a simple procedure, a battery swap!

Not yet. Its going into Lexus Stockport on Tuesday because its the only date that would work with my work schedule

Either way, it shouldnt be doing this apparently after a Battery swap. Should just start straight up and load the navigation system which our car hasnt. 

Its a 63 plate with only 19k miles on the clock with 7 Lexus dealer services. Not under warranty as nothing has ever gone wrong with it so I think if they're saying the radio is dead im going to be pushing for a strong goodwill gesture. Definitely helps that Ive been a customer for 15 years now, still have an RX and the UX300e is being delivered on March 1st!

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

Not yet. Its going into Lexus Stockport on Tuesday because its the only date that would work with my work schedule

Either way, it shouldnt be doing this apparently after a battery swap. Should just start straight up and load the navigation system which our car hasnt. 

Its a 63 plate with only 19k miles on the clock with 7 Lexus dealer services. Not under warranty as nothing has ever gone wrong with it so I think if they're saying the radio is dead im going to be pushing for a strong goodwill gesture. Definitely helps that Ive been a customer for 15 years now, still have an RX and the UX300e is being delivered on March 1st!

Good luck! Do keep us posted, lots of people changing batteries as a result of cars sat unused over lockdown.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:28 PM, matt8 said:

Good luck! Do keep us posted, lots of people changing batteries as a result of cars sat unused over lockdown.

Apparently a dead radio. Not sure how it happened. A surge in power from changing the Battery wouldnt cause that as the fuses are all OK. 

Havent heard anything back yet but I suspect the cost to replace is going to be MEGA

Having said that, there is a unit from a 2014 car on eBay. The only problem is, its a Mark Levinson unit so I dont know whether it would work

• Confused 1

So the radio unit is dead - costs £3k to replace apparently as it is an order item

Ive been offered the ML unit for £582 so I dont know whether to just take a chance and buy it or not

25 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Doesn't the ML unit require a separate multi-channel amplifier to operate?  

Not entirely sure to be honest. I know the ML amplifier is different but the radio should just plug and play either way shouldn't it with the premium nav setup 

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

So the radio unit is dead

Is that 'dead' beyond any chance of repair?  If it were mine I'd be investigating further rather than risk the £582 at this stage.  There must be some diagnostic kit in the hands of an electronics wizard that could tell you more.  Did Lexus give you any more details?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Herbie said:

You beat me to it Mike.

Plenty places do repairs to car audio equipment. If there's one near you, Rayanns, great, but most places will pick up/deliver via courier.

This is just one of them http://revivecaraudio.co.uk/lexus/

I've sent them a message, hopefully should find out soon. 

I don't have time on my side. Ideally I'd like to sell the car as soon as the new one comes on March 1st so I don't mind £600 as a replacement unit is £2.5k new

• Like 2

Hi Rayaans. Blimey it's been 1 while since I've seen your name on here lol. It's weird how your radio unit has expired coincidentally when you changed the 12v Battery

Before you commit to that unit on eBay if you can take yours out, it's easier than on the is250 btw. The one on eBay on bottom left has only 1 white connector. 

I've seen 2 videos on YouTube on how to remove the unit, one a ML and the other not. The not has 2 white connectors. Couldn't make out what the ML one had.

Check the returns criteria that you can return it if its unsuitable. Best of luck pal.

6 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Rayaans. Blimey it's been 1 while since I've seen your name on here lol. It's weird how your radio unit has expired coincidentally when you changed the 12v battery. 

Before you commit to that unit on ebay if you can take yours out, it's easier than on the is250 btw. The one on ebay on bottom left has only 1 white connector. 

I've seen 2 videos on YouTube on how to remove the unit, one a ML and the other not. The not has 2 white connectors. Couldn't make out what the ML one had.

Check the returns criteria that you can return it if its unsuitable. Best of luck pal.

You're right it does look slightly different. Not sure if its a UK/US difference

Ive found a car in accrington which appears to have the premium navigation. Ill give them a call tomorrow morning.

Just remembered a breakers called 247spares. They're a parts finder. You tell them what you've after, give them your details and breakers from around the country contact you with what you're after.

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

Not entirely sure to be honest. I know the ML amplifier is different but the radio should just plug and play either way shouldn't it with the premium nav setup 

Yes the Premium Nav system and the ML system both have external amps. So in theory the head unit could be the same - but cannot find anything to 100% confirm it would work.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Yes the Premium Nav system and the ML system both have external amps. So in theory the head unit could be the same - but cannot find anything to 100% confirm it would work.

Hmmm tricky.

I might just try it. But then I might as well just ring this breaker tomorrow to see if they have the correct unit. Would be much less hassle I suppose

I think the US versions are different and have different connectors go UK versions

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rayaans said:

So the radio unit is dead - costs £3k to replace apparently as it is an order item

Ive been offered the ML unit for £582 so I dont know whether to just take a chance and buy it or not

Wow! £3k is ridiculously expensive. Hope you find a cheaper solution.

14 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Wow! £3k is ridiculously expensive. Hope you find a cheaper solution.

Tell me about it. Lexus parts direct said they can get an exchange unit for £5700 and then they'd refund £3200 once the old unit was received! 🤣 I suppose that would cost £2500 plus fitting so probably £2640 with one hour labour

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

Tell me about it. Lexus parts direct said they can get an exchange unit for £5700 and then they'd refund £3200 once the old unit was received! 🤣

When you think about what £2500 would buy in terms of quality home audio and yet this figure only buys you a replacement Lexus radio unit. Hope you get one from a breaker.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links