Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My GS250.......just over 2 years on.

Well, I drive it. I lock it. I put fuel in it. I unlock it. I drive it long distances, I drive it to work. I clean it. I tax it. Insurance is due in March. I service it every year at the dealer. Everything just works.  Nothing else to report really!!!!!

Has truly lived up to its reputation for reliability and being decent to drive too. 

Definitely sticking with the brand from now on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superatticman said:

Well, I drive it. I lock it. I put fuel in it. I unlock it. I drive it long distances, I drive it to work. I clean it. I tax it. Insurance is due in March. I service it every year at the dealer. Everything just works.  Nothing else to report really!!!!!

Has truly lived up to its reputation for reliability and being decent to drive too. 

Definitely sticking with the brand from now on. 

I wouldn't trust any other brand. But then I'm a die hard lexus fan! 

12 hours ago, superatticman said:

I can't disagree, I came late to the marque as an owner after having driven virtually everything (didn't get to drive a Bugatti Veyron) that other manufacturers had to offer.  The 2 models I've owned tick all the boxes for my lifestyle and the service I've received from Lexus Poole has been outstanding.  I can't see a change happening anytime soon.

15 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

A nice post Adam and welcome to L.O.C.

Why did you move to Lexus and what did you drive previously ? What do you think of your Dealer ?

Any piccies ?

Hi John

Have been on here just over a couple of years 🙂 Have a very recent pic of the GS below enjoying (not) the pleasures of rear wheel drive in the snow!

Probably looking at an ES or Camry the next time around. Pretty much the same vehicle although the Lexus obviously a little more refined. 

Did borrow a UX when I had it serviced. That wasn't bad but a bit too 'mum and dad' for me. 

Edgware Road Lexus have generally been very helpful and fair. 

Adam

DSC_6159.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, superatticman said:

Did borrow a UX when I had it serviced. That wasn't bad but a bit too 'mum and dad' for me. 

Hah, I wonder if you had the same UX loaner from Edgware Road as I did, in khaki green metallic with sunroof?

18 minutes ago, MartinH said:

Hah, I wonder if you had the same UX loaner from Edgware Road as I did, in khaki green metallic with sunroof?

Mine was the poverty spec grey one. Still, wasn't a bad little motor and the 2.5 4 pot not as offensive as I thought it may be. 

56 minutes ago, superatticman said:

Hi John

Have been on here just over a couple of years 🙂 Have a very recent pic of the GS below enjoying (not) the pleasures of rear wheel drive in the snow!

Probably looking at an ES or Camry the next time around. Pretty much the same vehicle although the Lexus obviously a little more refined. 

Edgware Road Lexus have generally been very helpful and fair. 

Adam

DSC_6159.jpg

Thanks Adam. Sorry about the welcome, I must have got confused.

I like your car anyway and look forward to hearing which car you choose.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:24 AM, Brechin Slate said:

I can't disagree, I came late to the marque as an owner after having driven virtually everything (didn't get to drive a Bugatti Veyron) that other manufacturers had to offer.  The 2 models I've owned tick all the boxes for my lifestyle and the service I've received from Lexus Poole has been outstanding.  I can't see a change happening anytime soon.

Same here. My brother works in the trade so I've managed to drive quite a few of his motors, mainly larger German cars. I've no problem in saying the Germans win when it comes to sheer driving experience, engine range and probably ergonomics too. However some of the horror stories he tells me about things that go wrong and the cost of repair (usually under warranty) are quite sobering. I had my own taste of this with an E60. 

Slightly underwhelmed with the fact you can only buy the ES/Camry with a 2.5 4cyl but it doesn't seem too bad having driven a hire UX. There's always an LS but if the ES/GS is one factor up from the IS when it comes to running costs, the LS is probably about two factors from an ES/GS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links