Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:zee:

Juat purchased gs 300 sport in astral black from dare I say it eBay!

Lurve the car best i have ever had! Bit neglected though going to try an rehabilitate it !! Got loads of questions to ask!

Few things that need doing to it cabin lights dont come on when you open the doors works ok when you put it on manually any ideas?

Also the siren is not working on alarm any body know where it is located?

Need drivers side front fog lamp.

Also need spark plugs and air, fuel and cabin filter as will be doing this myself where is the best place to get them.

Have just put 4 new tyres on and needs new rear pads for mot. Got the rear tyres 275/35/18 for 120.00 each from http://www.mytyres.co.uk granted they are not top spec but they will suffice!

Any help will bu much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul :)

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the club mate, you'll find that there is a lot of usefull information that can be learnt from a lot of ppls.

Have you got some piccs to show us your pride & joy. I've had a look at some the motors for sale in E-Bay but always been a bit concern about the amount needed to send to someone you've never seen let alone spoken too.

In ref to the cabin lights, you may find its the door sensors that may be the cause, the are a few places that you can get parts from, just depends on whether you want orginal or pattern parts. You can also go Gold and get alot of these items required at a reduced price as well.

BR

Paul

Without trying to sound like we are forcing you to go gold..you will only be able to get most of the parts you want for it direct from lexus as you will find it hard to get copy parts from anywhere.. I.E foglights you will either need to find a scrapped one or get from lexus.. the extra discount via gold will go a long way to saving you money..

ps good luck in changing your plugs from what i see you have to remove most of the top of the engine i.e manafold and bits just to get to them..

enjoy your car

craig

:zee: Thanks for all you help guys will have a good go at changing the spark plugs!! Will have a good look at the horn to see if it disconnected or working. Not sure if the switches are at faults on the light issue as the light does not come on when you open any of the doors also the ignition key illumination light does not come on either thinking it could be wiring or fuse??

Found a website that is breaking various lexus models

http://www.intapart.com/lexus.htm hope it i s of some use?

Yes the rear tyres are big just found out the front ones are diffent in size !!

Will be joining the gold club membership as well think it is well worth it.

Got some pics to post not sure how I can get them onto this forum?

Thanks

paul

go to the site menu at top of page select club gallery and hit go.. then click on the gs section.. you will then see a tab with admin in it go to the dropdown arrow and select upload photos then just go from there ..once uploaded they will be on the last page,..

or when replying or starting a topic you can use the browse tab at the bottom which will get pics from your hardrive although you are limited to file size with that route

craig

Yes the rear tyres are big just found out the front ones are diffent in size !!

Sounds like you have the 10" rear wheel option. If you want them all the same size there would be members here who will swap them for their 8" wheels ;)

Not sure if the switches are at faults on the light issue as the light does not come on when you open any of the doors also the ignition key illumination light does not come on either thinking it could be wiring or fuse??

There should be a 10A 'Dome' fuse in the engine bay for the courtesy light / iginition switch light.

if you still have trouble with finding stuff like wiring and that just let me know.. i have a manual (proper lexus one) that might cover it

omg i just looked at the alarm section in hear.. theres 59 pages...gulp

and also noticed something about my car.. apparently the headlights and tai lights should flash when alarm is set off .. not what i was told.. i was told just the horn goes off :angry:

post-51-1079913429.jpg

Having had a mooch through the underbonnet region gettin aquainted with the bits, I noticed that the horn for the alarm is a seperate one. It looks like the main car horn is in front of the radiator (two of them). And the alarms horn is by the front passenger side suspension turret.

Well I presume that's what it is anyway!!

:driving:

:zee:Well guys I have scoured high and low all over the engine compartment and i cannot find anything that resembles another horn apart from the ones in the front.

Looked through my owners manual the system is a TVSS 3 B SYSTEM it says that a siren will sound and hazard lights flash when alarm is activated!

But still cannot find a siren either aghhhhhhhhhhhh. This is driving me nuts please somebody put me out of my misery

Cheers

paul :huh:

Is your bonnet linked to the alarm? if so dont close it all the way,activate alarm wait for about 30 secs then open bonnet the alarm will sound then you will be able to locate everything you want..........dont do it early morning though as this action will upset the neighbours. :winky:

Well i just lock my car with the key fob witch ativates the alarm ,left it to ativate then opended door with key wicth made indicaters flash i then put key in and drove down road with the indicaters still flashing ,no horn no siren ,is it cattle trucked or what as surley once you open the door it should sound the horn ,i also opened the bonnet and can see no siren

:zee: hi Guys Tried leaving the bonnet open but alarm cannot be set with it partially open.

Done the open window thing but hazard lights still flash no horn or siren.

My car is a 96 sport model maybe differnt alrm system to earlier models ?? Maybe linked to main horns ? anymore suggestions would be welcomed.

many thanks

Paul

:zee: hi Guys Tried leaving the bonnet open but alarm cannot be set with it partially open.

Done the open window thing but hazard lights still flash no horn or siren.

My car is a 96 sport model maybe differnt alrm system to earlier models ?? Maybe linked to main horns ? anymore suggestions would be welcomed.

many thanks

Paul

sounds the same as mine just the hazards no horn or siren same if i open boot hazards just flash

Mrs R saw a programme involving car-jacking recently and told me she was no longer completely happy with waiting for me in the car with the keys in the ignition outside shops etc (we live in & come from Croydon).

The other night I stopped up the road fom off-licence to but a box of Stowells 3 litre finest Tempranillo (big day at work next day so I wanted to make sure I got to sleep ok). I took the keys with me and sort of instinctively locked her in with the remote.

By the time I got back there were two or three people quite close to the car, one of them a wino from the church adjacent and the noise was terrific. There is a horn there somewhere but I'm not convinced there's something else going on too.

Good ride home - she'd learnt to stay very still and very quiet, and I couldn't help but feel a new found confidence and satisfaction that the GS was behaving just the way I'd hoped.

Will investigate further and let you know how many horns etc I've got. Does it make much of a difference of you press the remote twice and get the longer second flash on the indicators?

Tempranillo was average

cheers

Paul