Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning all it’s me again, my2005 RX has enough water in the drivers footwell, I was expecting to find a ships remains.

I have cleared the sun roof tubes but it seems to be the wettest nearer the foot brake, any ideas how the bloody stuff is getting in ??.

T

• Sad 1

See the extensive discussion “water ingress” on lakes forming in the trunk area from poor rear light cluster seals and body seams. This lake fills under the rearmost tool recess and washes forward under motion. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I have taken out the windscreen wiper motor, stuck loads of implements in to the wing holes , blasted it with an airline and the water poured out very dirty.

I have poured lots of water over the car, no water in at the moment, I will have a look at the heater next, it is only in the drivers well, everywhere else is bone dry grrrrrrrr.

• Like 1

I don't know whether this might apply to any Lexus models but on at least some BMW models there is a membrane behind the door cards.  This comes unsealed in time and allows ingress of water which is absorbed in the sponge like insulation in the footwells. (I had this on 2 cars. Either a new gasket is required or the seal can sometimes be reactivated by using a heat gun).  Must say that nobody has mentioned this in the time I have been on this Lexus forum but it does not meant it doesn't happen.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Russell said:

I had the car serviced 2 weeks ago, just checked the coolant level and it was a long way down, so more money.

I wonder if the service engineer (!) didn't tighten something??????

• Like 1

Do you drive with the aircon on? Does the "water" smell sweet? Could be coming out of the heater box.

The drain for the heater matrix and aircon evaporator is on the driver's side of the centre console. If you get down by the pedals and look behind the centre console trim there should be a hose coming out of the heater box and down to the floor and outside through a grommet.

Could be the drain hose isn't connected or perished and you're getting either condensate (water)  from the aircon condensor or coolant from a leaky heater matrix draining into the driver's footwell instead of down the hose and outside. 

Always hard to diagnose faults without seeing the car. 😉 

Thank you all for your comments, I have done a little research and the next course of action is K-seal, apparently it is brilliant, my local garage said it will be around a £1000 to fix the matrix, so K-seal is a much cheaper option.

I will let you know in a day or two how it is.

T