Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 condenser and dryer unit

Condenser is knackered and dryer unit pipe broke off, last bit that needs done to get the LS back on its feet.

I've had a look at rock auto to get a rough price up, LPD website doesn't let me send a parts request form 😞

Has anyone ordered either of these bits from them and could tell me how much they roughly paid or has someone managed to source a UK supplier?

@LexusPartsDirect see above about enquiry form not working on website, could you contact me about said parts?

Lexus LS400, 1996, N reg. New condenser and dryer unit, require pipe from dryer unit as well as previous one broke off in the old unit. 🙂

16 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Condenser is knackered and dryer unit pipe broke off, last bit that needs done to get the LS back on its feet.

I've had a look at rock auto to get a rough price up, LPD website doesn't let me send a parts request form 😞

Has anyone ordered either of these bits from them and could tell me how much they roughly paid or has someone managed to source a UK supplier?

@LexusPartsDirect see above about enquiry form not working on website, could you contact me about said parts?

Lexus LS400, 1996, N reg. New condenser and dryer unit, require pipe from dryer unit as well as previous one broke off in the old unit. 🙂

Looking at Rockauto, Denso condenser and drier will cost you £156 all in, not sure they have the pipe though.

7 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Looking at Rockauto

original post mentions I have already looked here for a rough price, just wondering what the difference is for any UK sources anyone may have found and what LPD would charge me 🙂

Hi Kieran I bought the Denso condenser from Rockauto I think it was £170 odd.  I couldn't find anything in this country that was of any quality. I think Denso made the original, not sure if Lexus could even get hold of one. The pipe will almost certainly be Lexus only and Amayama for that one I'd say. The pipe coming from the condenser was difficult to get off on mine and I ended up having to replace it as it kept leaking at the join. I have found LPD to be quite slow in getting back to you and also slow on delivery. I ordered a part from them on Wednesday morning and still not been posted.

I think you will be looking around the £600- £700 mark from Lexus. I bought a good quality receiver/dryer over here as the extra carriage from the USA wasn't worth it. It's far cheaper now than when I bought mine!

9 hours ago, shanra said:

I think you will be looking around the £600- £700 mark from Lexus. I bought a good quality receiver/dryer over here as the extra carriage from the USA wasn't worth it. It's far cheaper now than when I bought mine!

And buying from Rock and using FedEx the tax is prepaid and parts will arrive within 5 days, using the post option will mean paying tax on arrival plus handling charge!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shanra said:

Hi Kieran I bought the Denso condenser from Rockauto I think it was £170 odd.  I couldn't find anything in this country that was of any quality. I think Denso made the original, not sure if Lexus could even get hold of one. The pipe will almost certainly be Lexus only and Amayama for that one I'd say. The pipe coming from the condenser was difficult to get off on mine and I ended up having to replace it as it kept leaking at the join. I have found LPD to be quite slow in getting back to you and also slow on delivery. I ordered a part from them on Wednesday morning and still not been posted.

Thanks for the reply, I have gotten quotes from LPD in the past for a few bits and they were as expected, obscene. I had found one UK place for the condenser and dryer unit but I am awaiting a reply on what brand they are as its doesn't list it (suspicious), I've got the bits bookmarked from rockauto, have used them in the past and always hear good things about them so wouldn't have a problem ordering, just good to check if i can get it within UK first.

Will have a look and see if rockauto also have the pipe required too, never used amayama, so will check them out as well 🙂

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Thanks for the reply, I have gotten quotes from LPD in the past for a few bits and they were as expected, obscene. I had found one UK place for the condenser and dryer unit but I am awaiting a reply on what brand they are as its doesn't list it (suspicious), I've got the bits bookmarked from rockauto, have used them in the past and always hear good things about them so wouldn't have a problem ordering, just good to check if i can get it within UK first.

Will have a look and see if rockauto also have the pipe required too, never used amayama, so will check them out as well 🙂

One thing that's maybe worth a mention, I've emailed Rock in the past asking if they have a part that isn't listed and their reply was "if it isn't listed on our website we don't have it"

• Like 1

Amayama I have used very successfully to purchase OEM, Toyota stamped actually, Upper Control Arms

Prices delivered are about 50% of UK Toyota / Lexus supplied retail price

being Amayama price + carriage + Customs Duty + VAT + Royal mail handling charge = 50% of UK retail prices usually

Malc

• Like 2