Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lockdown car purchases, who has done it?

Alex34

Looking to see who actually has made "Click & Collect" purchases of new or used Lexus and how did you find the experience?

1. Did the cars turn out to be exactly what was described to you before collection?

2. Were you satisfied with your decision to buy?

3. If there were any issues upon collection, what were they and how did the dealer address them?

4. What car did you purchase and from what dealer.

Your participation and input will be very helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've ordered a New UX

Was lucky in that I managed to sneak in a two hour test drive between Christmas and New Year when this was allowed so I know what spec and colour combo etc I wanted and was happy with the drive of the car. Might just be me but on a test drive I go home from the dealer and back. Gives a good idea of car in familiar surroundings.

Order is in and waiting for the build to start now. I've ordered in the end from Lexus Birmingham as they could better the price of my usual excellent dealer at Leicester.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Alex34 said:

Looking to see who actually has made "Click & Collect" purchases of new or used Lexus and how did you find the experience?

Hi Alex, not quite click and collect but I did buy a 2017 IS300h from an Audi dealer 137 miles away in December.

The process went like this:

I listed the spec for the car I wanted and did the usual trawl round various websites, no luck for a few weeks as I didn't want to compromise

Found what looked to be a perfect match at a Lexus dealer 50 miles away, called and arranged a test drive for when the early December lockdown was lifted, 10 day wait..

In the meantime, kept looking and found same spec car, much lower mileage but long distance away

Called the dealer, convinced him I was a serious buyer but I didn't want to drive that distance just to be disappointed by either the quality of the car or his reluctance to negotiate.

Dealer made an extensive video of the car and sent it to me, close ups of all points of interest

Called the dealer and we negotiated a price over the phone subject to satisfactory test drive, paid a £500 refundable holding fee

Made the journey, if the truth be known I was having the car before I'd finished watching the video

Test drove the car, did a bit of teeth sucking, told him I really didn't want a red car but if he threw in a tankfull of petrol I'd take it off his hands as he shouldn't have a Lexus in an Audi showroom.  I absolutely DID want a red one by the way

Did the paperwork and drove home grinning from ear to ear, if anything the grin is even wider now

Not quite a click and collect, I couldn't bring myself to do it although if he'd have pushed me I would have done it as it was the perfect car and not an easy colour/interior combo to find

Long winded but hope it helps.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Seems like some of the dealers are starting to become more flexible and I seem to now be getting somewhere with viewings. Fingers crossed I may find something soon.