Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth popping noises

Hi all,

has anyone else noticed any occasional popping / crackling noises when streaming music through Bluetooth in the is300h? Mine is a late 2013 model so might be that this is only in the older navigation system models. 

I am using an Iphone X. it does not happen when I connect through usb. Have played with the equalizer too ( I know it has to be set separately for each audio source ) but that is not it. What tends to help is pausing the music and then continuing to play it again. It might be an Iphone problem but then again it does not happen on other Bluetooth speakers. 

any thoughts? Thanks guys!

I have this issue in mine. Sept 2013, Premium Nav.

I took it to the dealer and they replaced some hardware, at some great cost they told me, but under warranty. It didn't fix it.

I've lived with it since. Just turning the audio off and then on sorts it. It's good for a while after that.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 7:14 PM, matt8 said:

I have this issue in mine. Sept 2013, Premium Nav.

I took it to the dealer and they replaced some hardware, at some great cost they told me, but under warranty. It didn't fix it.

I've lived with it since. Just turning the audio off and then on sorts it. It's good for a while after that.

Matt, are you using Spotify, I may have fixed it by disabling the equalizers in the Spotify app. I’ll keep experimenting though. 

Google Play Music initially. Now Spotify as of recent. Both the same. Will have a play with EQ though, worth a look.

Unfortunately, I've ruled out a device issue, I've used two Android devices and both are the same.

Maybe I should try and apple device just to be sure.

22 minutes ago, j051 said:

Matt, are you using Spotify, I may have fixed it by disabling the equalizers in the Spotify app. I’ll keep experimenting though.