Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any idea what this could be...?

Hi there.  I have a UK 2006 GS300, and found this in the passenger footwell.  I've taken out the glove box and knee airbag assembly and can't see where it would have come from.  All the cream coloured air flow bits seem intact and work as they should.  Any ideas...? 

IMG_7666.jpeg

IMG_7667.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Brechin Slate said:

Looks very much like a climate control servo arm which will explain it being in the footwell.  Is your AC working ok on both sides?

Thank you. I think it works, but will go and have another more thorough check

I think this it’s the arm that controls the recirculation function. Mine was broken as well because someone forced the recirculation door open when changing the air filter. It must always be in recirculating mode when changing filter.

With what broken off I don’t think it can recirculate the air anymore - it will always take new air inside.

Kim

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kim_gs said:

I think this it’s the arm that controls the recirculation function. Mine was broken as well because someone forced the recirculation door open when changing the air filter. It must always be in recirculating mode when changing filter.

With what broken off I don’t think it can recirculate the air anymore - it will always take new air inside.

Kim

Hi.  Thank you.  The arm seem ok.  Its the spindal is clips onto that's broken.  i can probably live without fixing it, unless i can get parts cheap.

IMG_7668.jpg

1 minute ago, AlistairB said:

Hi.  Thank you.  The arm seem ok.  Its the spindal is clips onto that's broken.  i can probably live without fixing it, unless i can get parts cheap.

IMG_7668.jpg

Would imagine that either from a scrappy, or Lexus parts, it's not going to be expensive.  You probably need to find a part number or just go somewhere like www.toyodiy.com and try and fine the part.

• Like 1

mine went a few years ago and the part was just over £20 it consists of a long plastic rod the arm and a seal it is a modified part and lexus sheffield fitted in less than half hour

I will see if i can dig out the pn num