Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gauging interest - Genuine Lexus IS250 keyfob gloves

Hi fellow LOC members,

I'm not sure if this post is allowed, but I'm hoping I'll be told soon enough if it isn't!

I'm in the process of importing the F Sport Induction kit from the US and I saw it as an opportunity to get another small but niche item for our IS250's.

It's a key glove to protect the key fob from getting scratched up, also looks rather cool in my opinion:

Normal Lexus version:

s-l1600.jpg

F Sport version:

s-l1600.jpg

How it'll roughly look (regular Lexus version):

image.thumb.png.ce8cca6ae5ca81e8c8c08d6581bf8cd0.png

To my knowledge, these are suitable for IS250 and IS-F keyfobs.

I wanted to check if any forum members wanted to purchase them through me, once I place an order in the coming week? I'm not sure on the exact cost, but I believe it'll be in the region of £20-£30 for a pair as pictured plus postage (I think £2.25 or £2.69 via 1st Class recorded). I'm hoping they are less, but I won't know until I buy and import them, pay taxes etc.

I like them just because they look quite classy and will match my Orbitkey (A bit OCD maybe?!)

Reply to this post and we'll see if there's any interest. I'm looking to place my order for the induction kit within the next week.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

I thought premium members were allowed to post offers like that... so you probably alright.

The only issue I can see with these covers for keys is that UK cars don't have button to turn alarm on/off as such the second hole is much larger for our keys than it needs to be.

It is annoying Lexus in UK is really behind on parts and merchandise like that, as true UK pattern covers looks great.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I thought premium members were allowed to post offers like that... so you probably alright.

The only issue I can see with these covers for keys is that UK cars don't have button to turn alarm on/off as such the second hole is much larger for our keys than it needs to be.

It is annoying Lexus in UK is really behind on parts and merchandise like that, as true UK pattern covers looks great.

Ah, didn't know if I was allowed but good to know if true. 

Yes, true about the hole but doesn't bother me that much as the overall looks will be nice. 

As far as I can remember - in my last stint in the automotive industry, Lexus has an extremely small market share - so maybe there isn't much call for merchandise. 

yes indeed, but I personally believe it is like a death spiral... if they would consider market more seriously, offer more choices and more merchandise, maybe they overall sales would increase. Now is pretty much - you can have any Lexus as long as it is 300h and it is SUV... and no aftermarket at all. Not sure how they expecting to be successful with such strategy.

Anyway, good luck with the covers, that is already better than having nothing and they do look good.

Whats the reason you want a key wallet? Is it for vanity or for security so you key coding doesn't get hijacked and your car gets stolen? If its the later I'll post again with what I use.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Whats the reason you want a key wallet? Is it for vanity or for security so you key coding doesn't get hijacked and your car gets stolen? If its the later I'll post again with what I use.

No these ones would be just to protect the key from being scratched. Had one with my IS250 F-sport, dealer gave them for free with the car. I think they were like 29 Euro to buy.

I assume that on eBay they are not genuine, but who knows... and obviously it is not rocket science to make one, so there is huge selection of reproduction in any shapes and forms coming from china.

Again as I said, I don't believe they will be of the same quality and I had one in the past and liked it, but considering it is sacrificial piece to protect the key I am not sure if it matters.

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

The reason I have already written 😉, read my first post again! 

I already have a Faraday cage 'box' that I use to store my key, due to hearing about the wireless key thefts in my area. (admittedly, sounds like it's always JLR group cars). 

3 hours ago, markeyszoo said:

already on eBay for less?

Ah, didn't know that. The same genuine Lexus one do you mean? 

Do you have a link or item number to one?

It was more to save on costs for forum members, IF there was interest (which looks unlikely currently). 

6 hours ago, JDM-Fiend said:

Ah, didn't know that. The same genuine Lexus one do you mean? 

Do you have a link or item number to one?

It was more to save on costs for forum members, IF there was interest (which looks unlikely currently). 

look for lexus fob cover  303032230134 or 324424466841

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Ok JDM. So it's to protect the key fob from scratches etc. Mmmmmm pity it'll only protect about 4/5ths of it. Personally speaking I think that fob look cheap and naff. As stated that top hole for button access is way too big. So you already have a Faraday box. That's good. I don't know many people who actually place their car keys somewhere else than their pockets. You and others may know far more who do. I wonder if you've considered a Faraday pouch to keep your car key in. I use one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FT6YCQZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

it's a great size and unnoticeable in my pocket.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links