Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apple car play woes

barryb

Hi all,

my RC should have apple car play but it doesn’t show as an option on my media system.

I checked the firmware and it was updated in November so at a bit of a loss 

anyone else had problems getting it to work?

Iphone 11pro, tried all the usual things, cables etc, even going as far as to reset the Iphone settings (right pain in the proverbial)

Barry

OK I think I know what maybe the issue, I selected allow once I think when I first connected the phone months back, I can't fin anywhere to reset that setting.

I think that is causing it not to work correctly, if anyone knows how let me know,

Thanks

Barry

Owners manual is usually your friend in such situations 🙂

I don't know for sure as I have older system of multimedia in my car, but it is something like Setup>bluetooth or phone settings. Then you will see list of paired devices (in your case probably only one) and when you select device for more details it will have option to delete/unpair/remove. Not sure what is exact wording - may actually be like dust-bin icon. That will forget your device and you will need to pair it again, which in turn should give you prompt again.

Thanks @Linas.P been there done all that 🙂 

One thing someone maybe able to help with is do they see CarPlay as an option even if they have not enabled it? I see no CarPlay option on my Lexus system though it should be there I believe.

OK I think I have worked it out, I do not have apple Car Play on my car, thought it should be there, I recall they said they had issues updating my car at the centre.

Ah well will wait until it goes in and get them to see if they can fix it.

Barry