Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Luxury - Registration RX16DHD - M.O.T. History

This NX Luxury is for sale at Lexus Newcastle and outwardly looks to be in very good condition, attractive price and low mileage. However, would the M.O.T. history put you off buying this car? My observations are it did 14,428 miles in the first 3 years (average 4,800 p.a.). In the 4th year it did 5,400 miles. Then 7 months later it was MOT'd again (5 months early) when it had done a further 747 miles. I suspect this early M.O.T was done when it was acquired by Lexus Newcastle and if so, it's taking a long time to sell it, notwithstanding the current restrictions of course. Also the condition of the tyres (at time of M.O.T) with such a low miles is concerning and leads me to think that the car has probably been standing a lot. Garaged/Not garaged? The tyres have probably now been replace by the dealer but I'm wondering if this car might have hidden problems. I know that there would be a Lexus dealer warranty with the car but even so! Do you think it could have hidden problems? I'm not necessarily going to buy it but I thought this served up an opportunity to discuss this type of M.O.T. history as it could be helpful to some of us.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Nx-Estate/300h-25-Luxury-Lexus-NavCon-Pack-mqcfz4h

I would say regarding it's mileage it sounds ok but the tyre issue does seem a bit odd. I would have thought it would have taken longer than this cars age for them to actually perish? It does look nice in the photos - I am presently looking to purchase one myself and think the 'luxury' version seems to be a good mid range option. Are the defenders on the doors Lexus ones? - the angle they are fitted looks a bit odd going with the other lines of the doors.

Good luck with your search

Regards

Neal 

• Thanks 1

@JeffL if your in the market for an NX I’m looking to sell my Jan 2018 facelift in the very near future (depending on COVID restrictions)... With lockdown and owning an electric car in the household it just doesn’t get used... If interested let me know. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NDP said:

I would say regarding it's mileage it sounds ok but the tyre issue does seem a bit odd. I would have thought it would have taken longer than this cars age for them to actually perish? It does look nice in the photos - I am presently looking to purchase one myself and think the 'luxury' version seems to be a good mid range option. Are the defenders on the doors Lexus ones? - the angle they are fitted looks a bit odd going with the other lines of the doors.

Good luck with your search

Regards

Neal 

@NDPyes, those door protectors are genuine Lexus, same as the ones fitted to my NX.

BD434D84-A84A-468F-938A-4156AEABD2E9.thumb.jpeg.c2218339d7971aa60ef897d868db107a.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

@NDPyes, those door protectors are genuine Lexus, same as the ones fitted to my NX.

BD434D84-A84A-468F-938A-4156AEABD2E9.thumb.jpeg.c2218339d7971aa60ef897d868db107a.jpeg

Thanks for that, I had not seen an NX fitted with them before. They look good in the photo.

• Like 1

I see the tyres on that NX have Yokohama tyres, so they may be the original tyres that have an advisory on them. Well worth checking.

I was looking at the tyres of my 2018 NX last year and noticed that they were cracking between the treads. My car has 14,000 miles. They are the Yokohamas that Lexus appear to use as original equipment. As I am due an MOT on March I expect some comment on them.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 8:53 PM, pobrown said:

@JeffL if your in the market for an NX I’m looking to sell my Jan 2018 facelift in the very near future (depending on COVID restrictions)... With lockdown and owning an electric car in the household it just doesn’t get used... If interested let me know. 

Do you still have the car and want to sell it?

I have a 2016 NX300H Luxury and I’ve been warned by the dealership that my Yokohama OE tyres are showing signs of cracking. I will get them replaced at some point soon. Nothing unusual about this and it’s an age related thing rather than mileage. I’ve also had this problem on two previous Jaguars that had done a lower annual mileage before I had them. Most tyres will wear out before they show signs of cracking. Lower mileage means they won’t wear out but may degrade through age and start to crack. What I’ve also found is that it was impossible to get a consistent professional opinion as to whether they needed to be replaced. So it boiled down to whether I wanted to drive around on the tyres or get them replaced and I tended to do the latter. That said, if the cracks are bad I would ask the selling trader to replace them before I bought the car. Or at least negotiate me having to replace them myself into the purchase price.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rew1 said:

Do you still have the car and want to sell it?

Yes I’m looking to sell. Haven’t done anything about it due to lockdown.  Send me a message if you want details. 

11 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I have a 2016 NX300H Luxury and I’ve been warned by the dealership that my Yokohama OE tyres are showing signs of cracking. I will get them replaced at some point soon. Nothing unusual about this and it’s an age related thing rather than mileage. I’ve also had this problem on two previous Jaguars that had done a lower annual mileage before I had them. Most tyres will wear out before they show signs of cracking. Lower mileage means they won’t wear out but may degrade through age and start to crack. What I’ve also found is that it was impossible to get a consistent professional opinion as to whether they needed to be replaced. So it boiled down to whether I wanted to drive around on the tyres or get them replaced and I tended to do the latter. That said, if the cracks are bad I would ask the selling trader to replace them before I bought the car. Or at least negotiate me having to replace them myself into the purchase price.

In my excitement to post I made my car 12 months younger. It’s a 2015 NX 😀