Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1998 LS400 Mk 4 Needing Front Bumper.

5 hours ago, Tinonline said:

Me too...there are some on scappers on flea bay ... you sure it’s not better to buy the x2 lower lips for each side and respray?

🔧😌

Sadly with advancing years this curtails what you can and cannot do. I would be interested in what you mean by the 2 halves. 

those lower lips on mine got pranged heaps of times over the years .......  had them carefully surgically removed by my indy some time back ...  found them to be a pain in the proverbial, always getting banged and damaged .....  and of course nothing to do with the driver, bad design of kerbs etc :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

I think the lower bumper corner trims are called splitters by Lexus, but I'm fairly sure they are no longer available. Like @Malc I removed mine.

Strangely they don't seem to be shown on any of the parts websites.

On the other hand, we might be barking up the wrong tree, since you haven't specified why you need a front bumper, although getting one in the correct colour might be something of a challenge I suspect.

3 hours ago, Howplum said:

I think the lower bumper corner trims are called splitters by Lexus, but I'm fairly sure they are no longer available. Like @Malc I removed mine.

Strangely they don't seem to be shown on any of the parts websites.

On the other hand, we might be barking up the wrong tree, since you haven't specified why you need a front bumper, although getting one in the correct colour might be something of a challenge I suspect.

Yes they are called splitters. Ones for the laters cars are on Lexus Parts Direct...

10 hours ago, cruisermark said:

When I read the title of the thread I thought you had had a prang in the snow.

I managed to set off the traction control light twice on my way to work

I had taken my dog to be put to sleep and didn't notice how high the curb was at the Veterinaries, should have dried my eyes properly. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

catalogue drawings available.

ah !!!  I wasn't talking about the same parts on mine

I was referring to the strip between and joining those two " edges " ........  that's all I had surgically removed, the rest is intact thankfully

Malc

This is the reply I had last year from LPD about the front splitters:

Subject: Re: Front Lower Corner Splitter

Good morning Howard

Unfortunately, these have been discontinued.

Their full part numbers are 76852-50030 for N/S and 76851-50050 for O/S.

Daniel Walker
Parts Supervisor

Lexus Parts Direct

44 minutes ago, Malc said:

ah !!!  I wasn't talking about the same parts on mine

I was referring to the strip between and joining those two " edges " ........  that's all I had surgically removed, the rest is intact thankfully

Malc

I always assumed you meant the black/dark grey plastic bits of trim indicated on the drawings when you've mentioned it before. About 2 inches in depth and comes round from the edge of the wheel arch before tapering off under the grille. 

In fact I've got a pic of mine where a previous owner has trimmed both sides to even them up presumably after a kerb incident.

IMG_20201019_141745280_HDR.thumb.jpg.13d8eba61030301ce0a44e200df49329.jpg

11 minutes ago, Howplum said:

This is the reply I had last year from LPD about the front splitters:

Subject: Re: Front Lower Corner Splitter

Good morning Howard

Unfortunately, these have been discontinued.

Their full part numbers are 76852-50030 for N/S and 76851-50050 for O/S.

Daniel Walker
Parts Supervisor

Lexus Parts Direct

Yes, unfortunately on our slightly earlier Phase 2s the parts are unobtainium. On the facelift (which I assume Mike has because it's a '98) they are still available.

I got very excited when I found out previously but on comparing the two cars I doubt the later parts would fit.

The trimming on mine catches my eye a lot. Drives me nuts.

I did wonder if it's a part that could be 3D printed but wouldn't know where to start approaching someone or what the cost would be.

• 3 weeks later...