Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF with 660 miles for £45k

Good price, but a 2018 MY car, not registered until late 2019,  so has been has been hanging around for a long time.

Also looks to be basic spec.

Considering the market and competition... sounds about right. Don't forget Lexus discontinued RC-F so dealers probably are allowed to discount them more now.

I was expecting that to be the case. It is funny that there are only few for sale now, but few months ago there were several ~2017/2018 cars selling for £38k with like 6-10k miles. Sure that is not 600 miles, but from my perspective that is still nearly new car... having had even first service. I would certainly rather buy car with few more miles and for cheaper - car being brand new only adds value if you can customise it to your taste and choose options. Once it is made in certain colour and with certain options, then from my perspective it is same as used.. unless somehow this particular car has exactly perfect options.

And finally, one can buy LC500 for ~50k with ~6-10k miles... so when you put this fact in perspective, I think the price stops looking that amazing.

Nearly new F cars lose money very quickly. My RCF was 3 months old with 1600 miles when it came up on the Lexus used website for £50,000. (about £11.500 under list at the time). They wouldn't move on the price, but gave me a much better than expected trade in on the IS-F

4 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

When was that announced? I thought it was just the RC300h & RC200t.

I probably should have said RC (entire model).

Yes it was only RC300h and RC200t for now... officially. But writing is on the wall. It makes no sense that they just going to continue producing RC-F on it's own. Not sure what is the deal with having them still available to buy, maybe they already had frames or engines build or stock of other components, but I am sure one more year and RC-F will be gone as well.

Isn’t it just in Europe that they have discontinued the RC line? Pretty sure they are still selling them In Japan and other markets. I guess the RCF is a ‘Halo’ car as it’s the only F model being produced at the moment, which is why they still continue to offer it to order in the UK. 

On 1/24/2021 at 9:36 PM, Dave400SE said:

So what's the story with this? 69 plate with 660 miles for £45k.  Is it bargain of the year, or am I missing something?

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/RC-F-V8-Sports-Coupe/500-50-463-2dr-Auto-s4cg3pr

Perhaps the mileage is missing another zero. That I could believe... CORRECTION: Just seen the odometer in the photos.

It is low spec....including those god awful wheels? What were Lexus thinking with those...have I missed something? Were they standard on some MY's?

PS hope you are keeping well, loving the motor thank you 🙂

51 minutes ago, BillNick said:

.including those god awful wheels? What were Lexus thinking with those..

Yeah they were standard on MY2018 base model. I hate them as well, previously I have compared them with having 4 spare wheels fitted, just so bland... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I’m new to LOC and forums in general; found this topic intriguing and thought I’d give my two-pence worth!

Like many I often find myself perusing AutoTrader and the Lexus website for F cars. I think the story with this is not to dissimilar to mine.

Lexus UK imported a handful of these cars for the promotion of the Men In Black movie. There’s a few odd spec low mileage examples around (of which mine is one of them). They’re a great buy in my opinion despite the lower spec as you’re practically the first owner!

The only thing I regret not having is a ML sound system. Aside from that; I’ve had mine for a year and have loved every minute! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links