Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well... yesterday it snowed.

Our daughter is a p/t carer currently, and went out in the morning. I had put Falken all-seasons on her Aygo and all was well.

Later in the day and the evening shift - it had snowed again, was getting icy and nasty and dark.

To lessen her stress I took her for her appointments.  She saw a car 'in' a post. Not someone's lucky day.

( One of her appointments on a hill... the client had cancelled it. The office forgot to tell my daughter! So we turned up there too.)

Anyway, I had my trusty RX300, Michelin Cross Climates - about a year old - and my Snow/ECT button on.

Never felt out of control, drove wisely and was impressed with their performance.

Tried a few 'emergency stops' on the nasty side roads and they were perfect.

Impressed.

PS. Saw this on our travels.

IMG_1692.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Agreed, Cross Climates came into their own this morning.  The only significant delay to my journey out this morning was less than 200 yards from home: a C class Merc had reversed off its driveway and was then unable to move, blocking the road entirely. 😂😂

IMG_20210124_162309_resized_20210125_113402716.jpg

• Like 3

Cross Climates are indeed a very good all year tyre as tests have shown and members confirmed by experience.  I read that the Goodyear Vector 4' seasons  were slightly better in deep snow but not quite so good in the summer.  So the 4's maybe better in Scotland where you have 2 weeks of summer and more snow lol.

• Like 4

I have Vector 4 gen 2 on my GS and a few weeks back I bought a set for my wife's BMW (to replace her run flats) but Gen 3. On a BMW, it's just transformed the car, it became so more comfortable and quieter! With recent snow we had no problems on either of the cars, just no bother on white stuff! may be if we had like 20cm or more of snow it would be another story but for what we usually have these are more than adequate. 

During summer they performed totally fine (on my GS), Lexus doesn't provoke you to go sideways, also I feel more confident when it's raining too so I can't complain about all season tyres. But this is Scotland, even during summer we do not get very high temperatures, probably if I stayed in Spain or France I would need 2 sets of tyres, summer and winter.

Another problem is the other drivers, as you say, you can be prepared for winter but someone in front of you or just a few hundred yards away from your home without proper tyres will spoil all the fun! 

I am surprised to see the condition of tyres on some cars, it would be dangerous to drive even on a rainy day but during winter they are potential killers!

• Like 4

I fitted Yokohama Geolander all terrains to our RAV4 which were superb in the snow...really on a par with winter tyres imho.  Good in the wet too and quiet as my last road tyres on dry roads  I am going to see if they do a similar model for the RX and if so, that's what I'll be fitting next.

• Like 1

Cross Climates here too, the pretend awd on the 400h together with Cross Climates have done really well over the past week. Haven't been stuck once (I did try!). Amusing noises come out of the dashboard when you really do something stupid.... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links