Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Lexus IS300h Windscreen Defrost Setting


Recommended Posts

They have managed to find a prevention/cure for Covid 19, they have managed to make highly complex heart surgey a daily task, they have even managed to get Donald Trump out of the White House!


Now let me ask you this ladies and gentlemen...
Has anyone ever managed to decode to complex workings of the Lexus IS300h heating system??? I have a 2013 IS300h and cannot for the life of me work out how the windscreen defrost system functions - I have frost on the inside of the screen and it can take up to 15 minutes of defrosting for the car to be safe to drive.

My first Lexus, absolutely love it apart from this confusing situation, oh and the pathetic Sat Nav (would love to upgrade this at some point)

Hopefully someone out there can help?

Thanks in advance.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be more concerned with the fact you have frost(?) on the inside of the windscreen! Just how damp is your car interior?

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2013-Lexus-IS-300h-F-Sport-dash.jpg

The Windscreen Defrost button is on the 2nd row with the Windscreen symbol and "Front".  This should turn the fans onto full speed, direct all the air to the windscreen (cold when you first start up obviously) and then once the engine warms up, hot air will come through.  If this is not what yours is dong, then suggest it needs looking at

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tronix said:

I have frost on the inside of the screen and it can take up to 15 minutes of defrosting

Just to clarify the situation, are you pressing the defrost button and it's taking 15 minutes from a cold startup?

And as Nemesis says, is it really frost on the interior, or just frozen mist?

And lastly, is the screen ultra clean to begin with and the air conditioning is on and working correctly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

Just to clarify the situation, are you pressing the defrost button and it's taking 15 minutes from a cold startup?

And as Nemesis says, is it really frost on the interior, or just frozen mist?

And lastly, is the screen ultra clean to begin with and the air conditioning is on and working correctly?

And has his Pollen Filter been changed recently ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies to my query guys, much appreciated.

Currently (like millions of others), I am working from home and do not get to drive the car on a daily basis - am due to go out this evening and will give the car a good test with the demisting of the screen.

I shall post my findings soon...

Cheers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The air con should switch on at the same time as the windscreen defrost button is pressed. Also, make sure you haven't got the recirculation switched on, you need outside air coming in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

for me i do it the same as paul except i use the the recirculation for the following reasons:-

higher fan speed = more airflow to clear windscreen

A/c & Recirc on = dried air inside car is being blown on the windscreen

                              instead of using outside air that will be damp and

                              contain more moisture not ideal for de misting

once demisted turn off the recirc

Gulshan you need to try the methods mentioned and see which one you feel works.

each to their own.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 8:23 AM, 200h said:

for me i do it the same as paul except i use the the recirculation for the following reasons:-

higher fan speed = more airflow to clear windscreen

A/c & Recirc on = dried air inside car is being blown on the windscreen

                              instead of using outside air that will be damp and

                              contain more moisture not ideal for de misting

once demisted turn off the recirc

Gulshan you need to try the methods mentioned and see which one you feel works.

each to their own.

I hadn't thought of that Mark. I'll try recirculation next time. I recall a car we had in India for a personal tour where the driver kept the air con on recirculation and it was freezing cold and bone dry, so much so that it hurt our eyes and nasal passages! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

in the summer the cold air will stay in the car longer before being exchanged

for a fresh charge of air and help to keep the car really cool

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t forget too that in very cold weather the AC won’t be allowed to switch on. The car takes care of this and decided whether it can be in or not. Just in case you sit there pressing AC and it won’t light up 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Don’t forget too that in very cold weather the AC won’t be allowed to switch on

Didn't know that! Another school day 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership