Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Michelin tyres for RC F

I’ve read that included in the changes for model year 2019 the car was factory fitted with Michelin PS4S tyres which replaced the previous fit Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

However the PS4S tyres fitted were said to be bespoke to the RC F,not just a general type.

Now I’ve searched around the various tyre sellers and can see no mention of any Lexus specific tyres....anyone (perhaps someone who has recently bought tyres) got any info on the above,please?

28 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I think it is just a specific load index, same situation with the previous tyres.

OK,so just down to having 92 front,96 rear,rather than the higher load ratings available?

Bought mine privately with Bridgestones on it. Plenty of tread but will be going back to my fav PS4S once I have worn the 4-6mm down.

Would be interested to know the exact spec, load index etc that are being fitted OEM?

15 hours ago, BillNick said:

Bought mine privately with Bridgestones on it. Plenty of tread but will be going back to my fav PS4S once I have worn the 4-6mm down.

Would be interested to know the exact spec, load index etc that are being fitted OEM?

It seems to be as I stated above ,Bill.

The tyre load ratings specified by Lexus for the RC F are 92 front (255/35/19) and 96 rear (275/35/19).

Almost without exception all the other tyre brands except Michelin in these sizes have load ratings 96 front and 100 rear only.

So Lexus favour the lower load rated tyres,which seems counter intuitive at first,perhaps these tyres without the extra reinforcement are more flexible and grip better although they might not last as long.

So it seems Colin is,as expected,correct,it’s just strange that there is no official Lexus marking on the tyres but perhaps production numbers are not high enough for this.

The final thing is that the PS4S tyres do also come in the higher load ratings but it is the Lexus lower rated ones that are more expensive!!!