Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CAT lock/shield for CT200,.

Muhammad Arsalan

28 minutes ago, Muhammad Arsalan said:

Hello,

Can some one please recommend a CAT lock provider in the Uk?

Many thanks. 

Muhammad.

Hi Muhammad, as-salamu alaykum. Not sure what model of Lexus you have but here is a good starting point.  Might be worth giving them a call:

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rx/lexus-rx-phase-ii-2004-2008/lexus-rx-2-exterior-interior/lexus-rx-phase-2-catalytic-converter-lock/

Hi Muhammad, There are several, the cheapest is via eBay for the shield, get it fitted locally by a friendly garage. I have just had an official CatLoc fitted to my CT by my local Lexus dealer for £240 inc VAT. Not the cheapest but it had to go in anyway.

A neighbour, only a few hundred yards away from me, had his stolen from his Auris while it was parked on the drive early hours Friday morning. It's getting too close for comfort. Think I only got away with it as I have a "posh Prius". If anyone can recommend an eBay seller I'd be grateful. I'll do some searching for other posts on here, as I know there are several.

Hello Muhammad,

I asked My local Lexus dealer to fit a Catlok, they charged me £250 inc and put some nice stickers on the front door glass advertising the fitting. They also provided me with a free health check of the vehicle and a nice video of the finished work, it is a far more substantial piece of kit than that advertised of eBay, see attached image.

carloc.png

I'm making a not-particularly-big assumption that the stealing of a CT200h catalyst is exactly the same method as a Prius gen 3 and Auris hybrid, with which it shares virtually identical engine/transmission. 

In the case of those, there are 2 exhaust manifold bolts that are undone to detach the exhaust at the engine end.  These are not that difficult to access if you've come prepared, despite being quite a long way up the 'transmission tunnel'.  The exhaust pipe is then cut with a saw or angle grinder just before a large resonator/silencer, this is in line with the front of the driver's seat, roughly.  That just leaves an oxygen sensor that is still in the pipe that is being stolen, which has its wires cut off, and is taken with the exhaust.

I think it would be possible to just unbolt the whole section with no cutting, but that would involve a further two bolts to undo, and the two rubber hangers would need to be slid off their hangers, which could take some time/effort.  Also, the removed piece would be that much harder to stash in a car boot, because of the extra length of the pipe and the size of the resonator/silencer that is integral to that section.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a Catloc fitted by my local Lexus Dealership at The Fort in Birmingham next week on the 18th. Feel the extra reassurance is worth the £295 charge. Better than the hassle of waiting for parts and higher cost of cat replacement/engine repair.

Always garage the car, but worried if ever parking in a public carpark or road, one day it might happen. I'd also recommend getting a DNA marker kit and registration pack for more deterance. Mine is by SelectaDNA.  

Hi,

just an update for CT drivers unfortunately not just the cat being stolen they are cutting the wiring to the horn so you can’t hear the alarm going off and recently some are having the wiring to the drivers front door cut causing a short and popping a fuse not sure if the locks are being open by the door wiring being cut.