Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Code reader socket in SC430

Alan E

I wanted to buy a code reader for my SC 430. But I cannot see anywhere to plug one in on my model. Its a 2005 Revised model, Thanks for any help before I waste £470 on one. 

49 minutes ago, Alan E said:

I wanted to buy a code reader for my SC 430. But I cannot see anywhere to plug one in on my model. Its a 2005 Revised model, Thanks for any help before I waste £470 on one. 

As Neil says ...........plus I would add you can buy a lead on eBay and use toyota techstream to do much more than read codes , if you have basic PC skills .

• Like 2

On 1/25/2021 at 5:17 PM, Neil E said:

£470 sounds expensive.

The OBD2 port is under the dash, below and to the right of the steering column it has a plastic cover that you simply unclip.

61049.thumb.jpg.ea8d8b96b8182d47563df4f14009e93f.jpg

Thank you Neil. I will check it when it comes aback from repairs. ( the Power steering Pulley came off so having it done in local Garage.) I was going for a good one with good review, partly because I have never used one before so Green as grass. Is this one a good one?

Thanks

896717194_Screenshot2021-01-27at16_23_18.thumb.png.fef9ebfa1cc0daaf498ec296a0603958.png

Hi Alan, that looks very good but if you have a suitable laptop, seriously consider following Nick's advice and look at Toyota Techstream and a VCI cable. It's Lexus/Toyota specific software.

I've never heard of a PAS pulley 'coming off'' before, that sounds quite a dramatic fail.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neil E said:

Hi Alan, that looks very good but if you have a suitable laptop, seriously consider following Nick's advice and look at Toyota Techstream and a VCI cable. It's Lexus/Toyota specific software.

I've never heard of a PAS pulley 'coming off'' before, that sounds quite a dramatic fail.

Hi Neil.

Only had the car 3-4 months not used much due to lock downs etc. When I was driving the other day All of a sudden the steering was almost impossible to turn the S/wheel and the Battery light came on. Managed to get home and called the AA, they took it to my local Garage who told me that the nut holding the was missing and the Pulley was laying in the tray beneath the Front of the Engine/Radiator. They need to get a nut from Lexus and I asked for a new belt to be fitted at same time. I have not got car back yet, maybe tomorrow. Regarding a Laptop. I dont use one. I have an apple Mac desktop computer. I just think a Tablet size scanner will be easier to read (with my old eyes) and save me a bit of money hopefully, so pay for its self eventually. 

• 1 month later...

Try one of these. Yes it's made of plastic so needs  handling gently but it incorporates a Bluetooth chip so needs no wires. Connects to your android phone via app called 'Torque' (get from Play Store). Follow instructions to link the two, then put in make and model of vehicle and power up device in ODB2 socket (ignition on) and hey presto translation of faults reads out. All sorts of parameters can be monitored (and vehicles) live too. All this for £7.99 !! The intelligence of the system is in the software which is free.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-OBD2-V2-1-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-Android-Torque-Auto-Scan-Diagnostic-Tool-/164737761741?hash=item265b22c1cd

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links