Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Considering a car with 150,000ish miles full service history with Lexus. Last one at 140,000 miles been a major. 

Is there anything i should be really concerned about. Car is immaculate inside and out, one owner from new. 

Hi

at this mileage faults do start to surface such as:

1) Hybrid Battery faults

2) Transmission pump failure - can be fixed cheaply

3) Exhaust back boxes

4) Failed TMPS sensors

5) Corrosion on underside of bonnet

Look out for the above if you view

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

It has 14 service stamps in the book. Guy i spoke to enquired with dealer where it was serviced about battery etc.

Said they were not over helpful. The dealer was in Poole, if any one has dealt with them. Car is now in my neck of the woods.

Keith, you should be able to ask questions of Lexus Poole, about the car.

Data Protection Laws do not apply to inanimate objects (cars) Good luck.

1 minute ago, madasahatter said:

From 7th September 2009 at 36,00 miles to 17th of August 2020 it had one mot fail head light aim to high.

SOUNDS IF it IS VERY GOOD AND WELL CARED FOR vehicle. Will the Dealer give you any kind of warranty ?

If you go into "my lexus" on Lexus.co.uk and input the reg no. you might be able to access more information re servicing etc.

If, ok you just need to agree what seems a fair price to you.

However much you pay and whatever the service history, your biggy is gonna be when is the hybrid Battery going to die.

Fairly sure its 15 years max some lexus, so when it dies, that'll cost £2kish to get a replacement or £700 for refurb (approx).

Dealer sold me my GS 450h for £1900 (2007, practically all the optional extras, 165k miles, slightly dodgy wrap on it) but repaid me £700 after I threatened to return it when it turned out the hybrid Battery was faulty.

Don't think I did too bad in the end as I replaced the Battery and it drives like an absolute dream and came to just under £4k all in including completely new uprated Battery with fresh 3 year warranty (non lexus), 4 new really expensive tyres (I spent far more than I needed to, but I don't like crappy handling. Car seems a lot happier high end tyres), replaced mid-exhaust section, full service and a few other really minor bits. Its at 180k now and smooth as anything.

So do bear in mind there might be a big upcoming cost in that department but otherwise I'd thoroughly recommend the car.
Maybe you can even use that info to negotiate a bit of a discount 😉

On 1/25/2021 at 9:30 PM, royoftherovers said:

yes, you will need to register (free) and produce a password.I just looked at my record back to 2013

Been on the site John can not find any information with log book number.

50 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Been on the site John can not find any information with log book number.

Hi Keith,

You have registered and input what details for the car?

If you cannot find the car, is it possible that it had a Personal Plate?

By Log Book No,do you mean VIN no. ?

Have you asked Lexus Poole yet ?

Hi. The number the my lexus site is asking for is Not the vin number. The site actually tells you where to find the number it requires. I think the number is the VARIANT. Only after inputting that number can you register the car and check its service history.

The VARIANT number is on the V5 document so ask the seller of the car to supply you with it. If he's reluctant then be wary. I've not had problems with dealers giving me that number. 

Mind you someone on here rang their local dealer and stated he was the new owner and wanted to know the cars history. He got the information he wanted. 

• Like 2

Blimey I must be losing the plot and my brain turning to mush. Yet again I have to correct myself. Not Variant but VERSION CODE is whats required. Sorry for my mistake. 

It can be found on the V5 on page 2 about 1/3rd down.