Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mileage Or A Year?

Sorry dobedo thats rubbish,mine has done 33k and i do 15 miles a day Mon - Fri and i have not had one single problem with either starting or zorst,the key to doing short mileages is to let the car warm up sufficiently and oil/filter changes as well as a scheduled service,which mine gets.

Sorry dobedo thats rubbish,mine has done 33k and i do 15 miles a day Mon - Fri and i have not had one single problem with either starting or zorst,the key to doing short mileages is to let the car warm up sufficiently and oil/filter changes as well as a scheduled service,which mine gets.

sorry thats not rubbish ! :ohmy:

you also drive a lexus, which are a very reliable car

so the fact you havent had trouble doesnt make it rubbish

compare a 4 year old 30k car to a 2 year old 30k car

the 4 yr old has done a lot of short journeys ,so its used the ignition and starter motor more times, and the Battery has had to use its full power to start a cold engine a lot more times

the exhaust condensates, this water collects and is expelled after the car is warmed up and done a few miles, on short journeys it will not all be expelled, thus reducing the lifespan of the exhaust, even stainless steel will be reduced

if the oil in the engine and gearbox doesnt reach its optimum temperature, this means more wear on those compoments reliant on oil lubrication

even the lamps will have a reduced life! its the turning on and off of them which reduces their life, not duration of use

and....................

:)

by the way my mother drives a peugeot 205

G reg

and its not done 20,000 yet

been serviced every year

and has a list as long as your arm of repairs

all due to having such a low mileage :crybaby:

by the way my mother drives a peugeot 205

G reg

and its not done 20,000 yet

been serviced every year

and has a list as long as your arm of repairs

all due to having such a low mileage :crybaby:

No thats coz she drives a Peugeot,a french piece of :tsktsk: :P

So you would rather buy,out of 2 identical models the one with the doubled mileage,rather than pay a few extra pounds for the other one.

I did say i warm mine up to temp and it gets an extra oil change in between services and i use a quality oil,no crap goes in my baby :winky:

Doesn't stainless steel products come with a lifetime Guarantee,maybe coz it doesn't rust or break down.

But you pays your money you takes your choice..........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links